Hotel chain WIFI

mclip

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I travel a lot and typically stay in Hilton Brand hotels. The first time I used my Nexus 10, I "saved" the hhonors wifi and it worked perfect. Now when I stay in another Hilton Brand, the tablet finds "hhonors", but I can't connect - it appears to be looking for the original one I saved. I tried to "forget" the hhonors, but I still can't connect. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you forget the original hhonors, and then try to connect again to the new hhonors, it should be the new one. There might have been a problem with the 2nd hotspot--did you ask the front desk, or did you have another device that was successfully connecting to the hotspot?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
It's not the hotspot. I had my laptop and was able to connect immediately.

Remove it again and before reconnecting, Reboot the tablet. Do they use any sort of browser authentication where you have to accept their terms? I would try to reauthenticate if that is the case and I would clear the cache if it still seems to be a problem. You can do this by going to settings - storage and pushing on the Cache Data option. Hotel chains usually have a central portal for their wifi networks and that usually leaves a cookie in the browser that causes these issues.

Hopefully this helps, sometimes the rebooting alone is enough.

mclip

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Great ideas - thanks. I never thought about clearing the cache. They do require an additional authentication based on the individual hotel to complete the login. Typically they want your room number entered.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Great ideas - thanks. I never thought about clearing the cache. They do require an additional authentication based on the individual hotel to complete the login. Typically they want your room number entered.

That is one reason why after leaving I will always "forget" the old wifi connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol