Anyone with 4.3 Nexus 10?

Nath Ward

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the UK and still....no update :( Surely I should've gotten it by now? My N4 and my brothers N7 have both gotten it, why not my N10 (The device is was most excited to get it on). I've tried that stupid framework trick multiple times already.

anon(7820633)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I have also tried the framework trick and it didn't work I did it 10 times. I will flash if the update is not here by next Wednesday. I will give Google a week.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
To everyone having problem with framework trick.

Do 2-3 time in a row and wait few hours and try again. don't do it like 10 times in a row. Just give it a break.

If you get error in Play Store, remove your Google account and readd it. (Happened to me just once).

*if the trick is giving you trouble, just wait patiently. *

P.S. I did the trick for both 4.2.2 and 4.3 and worked everytime.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AC Forums mobile app

cho138

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
android4.3 is pretty good
however, some apps will force close

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-27-13-14-43414005668.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-27-13-14-43414005668.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 40

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Haven't got it on my nexus 10 ether this is taking too long they said the update was rolling out three days ago.

They said it was STARTING to roll out three days ago. That doesn't say how long the rollout will be. It is obviously more than three days.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Do 2-3 time in a row and wait few hours and try again. don't do it like 10 times in a row. Just give it a break.

If you get error in Play Store, remove your Google account and readd it. (Happened to me just once).

P.S. I did the trick for both 4.2.2 and 4.3 and worked everytime.

It is not magic, and it will not enable you to get the update if Google has not released it to your device, no matter how many times you try in a row. All it will do is get the update as much as 24 hours earlier than it normally would during the "real" automatic check which occurs each day anyway.

anon(7820633)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxySII View Post

P.S. I did the trick for both 4.2.2 and 4.3 and worked everytime

Tried to do your method didn't work. I think I will flash soon. Maybe it's time to flash a different ROM. I have keep from rooting or flashing on my nexus 10 because of it's "Pure" Android experience.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Did the framework thing. The key is to force close, clear data and then shut down and restart. Then check for updates if you don't already see a message. Same for Galaxy Nexus. When done, remove Google account, reboot and add back in.

I noticed the stock cover still sleeps the Nexus 10, but now when you open it the device wakes up immediately.

Posted via Android Central App

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Did the framework thing. The key is to force stop, clear data, and then shut down and restart. Then check for updates if you don't already see a message. Same for Galaxy Nexus. When done, remove Google account, reboot and add back in.

I noticed the stock cover still sleeps the Nexus 10, but now when you open it the device wakes up immediately.

Posted via Android Central App

I tried a few times earlier this week but nothing happened. I just tried in the exact order as above and got the update on the first try.
THANKS!

Last edited:

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. My N10 would not update OTA regularly but finally got the update by force stopping Google Framework and clearing data. Was able to check update immediately and got it (no restart needed).

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Ohhh! Force stop!!! I've completely forgot to tell you guys about force close part.... sorry guys.. yes I've done force close to update.. so sorry... :( my bad..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AC Forums mobile app

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I checked my tablet several times tonight and last night; no update was detected. I just now went in and cleared the data for the Google Services Framework. Went back into About Tablet / Check for updates and kabang, the 4.3 download started. So, clearing the Framework data definitely seems to be the trick.

4.3 installed on my machine and so far seems to be working just fine. Thus far I really can't tell any difference in performance, but I'm not into games...just use it more for web browsing, email, reading books etc..

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I checked my tablet several times tonight and last night; no update was detected. I just now went in and cleared the data for the Google Services Framework. Went back into About Tablet / Check for updates and kabang, the 4.3 download started. So, clearing the Framework data definitely seems to be the trick.

And I just did exactly the same thing twice more(force stop, clear data, reboot) and nothing.
It is only going to work if the update is already green lighted for your device, saving you a 1 day wait. Apparently mine isn't for some stupid reason.

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
And I just did exactly the same thing twice more(force stop, clear data, reboot) and nothing.
It is only going to work if the update is already green lighted for your device, saving you a 1 day wait. Apparently mine isn't for some stupid reason.

Do you mean Nexus 10 vs other devices such as Nexus 7, or specific serial numbered Nexus 10's? If the latter, I had no idea they managed the updates to that granularity.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean Nexus 10 vs other devices such as Nexus 7, or specific serial numbered Nexus 10's? If the latter, I had no idea they managed the updates to that granularity.

I meant all Nexus devices down to serial number. I believe they have that much control during updates. I don't know for sure, however.... but it seems very likely. Although I suppose it is possible they are doing it by location (zip code or something) but the data doesn't seem to support that.

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I meant all Nexus devices down to serial number. I believe they have that much control during updates. I don't know for sure, however.... but it seems very likely. Although I suppose it is possible they are doing it by location (zip code or something) but the data doesn't seem to support that.
The download was 160+MB (which is a fairly substantial amount of stuff to push down through the network). They may well be doing it by serial # and/or geographic location, to keep their servers from being overwhelmed. Purely a guess on my part with no concrete data to back it up.