Anyone with 4.3 Nexus 10?

Fatboy40

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Got it on my N10, side loaded the OTA zip file using the SDK as recommended elsewhere. I had to load the USB driver to do it though.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure they sold quite a few of them.

Enough that allowing them all to update on the same day could be a major issue- each one would need to download perhaps HUNDREDS of
megabytes.

Also, I'm not gonna risk the framework trick so ill wait for the OTA.

The "framework trick" *is* OTA... there is very low risk (not of damage, but possible account messup that would require you to remove and readd your account on the device).

Last edited:

corgi1

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Tried the Google Services Framework trick many times yesterday without success. Just trying the normal System Updates and the OTA showed up for me about noon today (California)

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Look it up. There is.

I will say that I think it has hosed my Google Play updates, which I can't do now (was getting the dreaded download errors). But removing my Google Play account and adding it back fixed that. As such, I have modified my previous posting.

I had done the framework trick many times in the past on many devices without any issue.... ironically this is the first time.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Tried the Google Services Framework trick many times yesterday without success. Just trying the normal System Updates and the OTA showed up for me about noon today (California)

Just the luck of the draw. Again, the Framework trick will not allow you to OTA update if Google doesn't have your device listed as available for updates, it just, at most, prevents waiting a single (extra) day between the "real" update checks.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried the framework trick on my Nexus 10, and all of a sudden I was getting errors while trying to download apps. So there is some risk of doing this trick. I ended up doing a factory reset to fix it, but removing my account would have worked too.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I tried the framework trick on my Nexus 10, and all of a sudden I was getting errors while trying to download apps. So there is some risk of doing this trick. I ended up doing a factory reset to fix it, but removing my account would have worked too.

I just posted about that moments ago... You are correct that you could have fixed it in just about 30 seconds by removing and reloading your account.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I will say that I think it has hosed my Google Play updates, which I can't do now (was getting the dreaded download errors). But removing my Google Play account and adding it back fixed that. As such, I have modified my previous posting.

I had done the framework trick many times in the past on many devices without any issue.... ironically this is the first time.

Yup. Happened to me to once. I couldn't update my apps but I removed my Google account and problem solved :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AC Forums mobile app

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just posted about that moments ago... You are correct that you could have fixed it in just about 30 seconds by removing and reloading your account.

Yeah. The factory reset was fine though. It made my device a lot faster and cleared out any apps I didn't use anymore. Plus, I've rooted and rommed by phone so many times, that I'm used to a factory reset by now. Haha.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Finally received the OTA just now in Kansas City.:beer:

Update.....anyone notice how the RAM available has changed with 4.3? Think there was 1.5
GBs before and now there is only 1GB? WEIRD? :-\

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
How is it that our devices wouldn't be registered for updates? How does our device not get on that list? It seems like every device that I have regardless of it being a tablet or phone, I never get the ota's. I've never understood why I don't get the ota updates.

Racso14

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Tried the framework thing and got nothing, then when I got home from work today it was there waiting for me. My impatience got me nothing and I had to go through the "hastle? of removing accounts the putting back... All of about 5 minutes to get everything back in order (widgets and other app accounts). I will say though that Asphalt 7 isn't loading so I don't know if I did that or if it is 4.3 (MLB at bat straight up says video playback is not supported on 4.3)

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
How is it that our devices wouldn't be registered for updates? How does our device not get on that list?

We are not Google, we can't answer that. They don't tell us how it works, only that they do not update them all at once. It is likely random or ranges based on serial number, or account name or similar.

It seems like every device that I have regardless of it being a tablet or phone, I never get the ota's. I've never understood why I don't get the ota updates.

? You will always get the OTA update. All devices will. But it will take time.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-07-27-01-24-41.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Got it! GFS worked after the 40th time :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox