Thinking about Nexus 10

JohnWexler

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, all!

I'm new here. I was thinking about buying a Nexus 10, but I have some questions that need answering before I make a decision:

1. How does it fair as an e-reader? I primarily plan to use it as that as I'm starting to loathe my kindle fire hd 7".

2. Is it still laggy? I've been lurking for a while & I see a lot of threads talking about how much it lags & crashes as well. If those are still a major problem, then I'm not interested.

3. How is the customer support from Google/Samsung?

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
1-I've heard it's fairly decent as an e-reader

2-most if the threads you see on here complaining about something or other are in the minority. Most people who don't complain Abbott anything in the forums don't have any issues, and therefore don't say anything.

3-as far as I know and from what I've heard, CS is decent, but not the best. Then again, when is CS very good anyway?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
with Android 4.3 just being released you may want to wit until mor eof us get it on our n10s to give you an accurate representation of wha tthe N10 is like on the latest version.

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
1. Using the Google Play Books app, it is awesome. I have converted all my books over to it and now you can upload the ones you already have. I used to use the Nook app and that worked pretty good as well. So overall, great ereader.

2. I really haven't had too many problems with the laggy in everyday use. My problem with it now is it is laggy with Google Hangouts but I hope that they have it straighten out with the new 4.3.

3. My first one wouldn't turn on at all and Google sent one out right away. They are really good to deal with. Got my new one in a few days.

My only regret is that it does not have DLNA. I would really like it to have that but now with the new Chromecast, it solves that problem. The screen is awesome and we use it for our baby monitor for a DLink camera and it is awesome! I love the option of multiple profiles so I can share the tablet with my wife and not have her email and apps clog up my profile. I use to have an HP Touchpad that I made into a Android tablet but the N10 is very cool and suits our needs in everyway. The new one probably won't come out until Nov so I would recommend picking this one up. Can't go wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo