nexus 10 amazon prime movies

bswangolf

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I would like to get a nexus 10. Will it play movies from amazon prime? I have the kindle fire hd which i love for watching movies with my prime membership. But for anything else the tablet is worthless! I did have galaxy tab 2 10.1 and it wouldn't let me watch the movies! I hate to keep this piece of crap kindle just so i can watch movies! Thanks for any responses

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I would like to get a nexus 10. Will it play movies from amazon prime? I have the kindle fire hd which i love for watching movies with my prime membership. But for anything else the tablet is worthless! I did have galaxy tab 2 10.1 and it wouldn't let me watch the movies! I hate to keep this piece of crap kindle just so i can watch movies! Thanks for any responses

Not at the moment. Amazon has only released an app for google tv and nothing else. Not sure why all amazon is doing is hurting themselves.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Others have said that after loading flash they are able to to watch amazon prime videos in browsers other than Chrome.

Air pirate

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I can verify that you can side load Adobe Flash, then download Firefox Beta, then view Amazon Prime Instant Video through Firefox. You can search this forum for exact instruction on how to side load if you aren't familiar. A few extra steps, but it works pretty well.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
YES, you can watch Amazon prime videos on your Nexus 10, but it is not officially supported and you have to do a bit of kludgy stuff to make it work. I just watched the first few minutes of two different Prime movies before making this post. I also watched several documentaries from Amazon Prime on my Nexus 10 connected to my 46" LCD TV via an HDMI cable a month or so ago.

The issue is that the Prime video uses Adobe Flash. Flash is not supported on the Nexus 10. (So, if you want to blame somebody, blame Google and not Amazon.) If you want to view Prime videos on your Nexus 10, you will have to download Flash, and also a browser that will support it (such as Firefox). There are numerous posts on how to do this (I've written a couple myself; go Google around and find them). It's not all that difficult, but it is definitely not something you can just go get from the Google Playstore.

The larger problem is that since Flash is not officially supported, the workarounds that people have come up with may or may not continue to work in the future. So, in the interests of full disclosure, I would advise that you get a Nexus 10 based on its other attributes (of which there are many), and not solely upon its ability to play Amazon Prime videos.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I dropped Amazon Prime several months ago, but I used to watch it on my iPad using the Amazon Instant Video app. iOS doesn't support Flash, either. I wonder why Amazon created an app for iOS but not Android, especially considering that the Android user base isn't tiny. After all, it was big enough for Amazon to create its own Android Appstore app.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
YES, you can watch Amazon prime videos on your Nexus 10, but it is not officially supported and you have to do a bit of kludgy stuff to make it work. I just watched the first few minutes of two different Prime movies before making this post. I also watched several documentaries from Amazon Prime on my Nexus 10 connected to my 46" LCD TV via an HDMI cable a month or so ago.

The issue is that the Prime video uses Adobe Flash. Flash is not supported on the Nexus 10. (So, if you want to blame somebody, blame Google and not Amazon.) If you want to view Prime videos on your Nexus 10, you will have to download Flash, and also a browser that will support it (such as Firefox). There are numerous posts on how to do this (I've written a couple myself; go Google around and find them). It's not all that difficult, but it is definitely not something you can just go get from the Google Playstore.

Shouldn't we blame adobe, since they chose to stop developing for mobile?Flash to Focus on PC Browsing and Mobile Apps; Adobe to More Aggressively Contribute to HTML5 (Adobe Featured Blogs)

I dropped Amazon Prime several months ago, but I used to watch it on my iPad using the Amazon Instant Video app. iOS doesn't support Flash, either. I wonder why Amazon created an app for iOS but not Android, especially considering that the Android user base isn't tiny. After all, it was big enough for Amazon to create its own Android Appstore app.

IMO they are using it as a draw for their kindle fire tablet.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is related or not....But I do know that you have to register your device to watch amazon instant video (which includes Prime). I just did this yesterday with a sony blu ray player which replaced a roku that kept locking up. Roku does not have Youtube so I bought an hdmi cable and was able to go from my N10 to our 46" Samsung tv (6 + yrs old). I can see that I won't be able to do that with Prime since they don't support the N10...and a bunch of other devices. However, we do have a subscription to Hallmark Spirit Clips which I watched on the Roku. Sony doesn't support this channel, but I can stream it from their website. I'm going to try and see if I can log in, via the N10, and watch Hallmark movies using the hdmi cable. Would that work??

By finding a ref. post to get an Adobe Flash Player from their archives, I was able to watch movies from the Hallmark website on my N10, However, I could not pause or stop the movie and it's like watching a youtube without have the full screen option. It's sort of a pita so I don't think I'll be doing it very often either since there's so much other stuff to watch.

Last edited:

fester01

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Maxthon Cloud Browser and do not have Adobe Flash side loaded. I open Amazon prime in the browser, select the movie/show I want to watch, once the screen opens to view it I get a green down arrow. Tap the arrow and the show starts, tap the full screen icon in the lower right hand corner and you're all set.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
amazon instant video (which includes Prime).

What do think of Prime these days? I didn't renew partly because more and more products were no longer eligible. Plus the video selection was pretty lackluster for my tastes even though I watch more obscure stuff than blockbusters.

midnite_blue

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Having already hooked up Flash with Dolphin, I watch my no-additional-cost Prime HD movies in a full-screen browser window, sometimes HDMI'ing it to the TV.

mooch91

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Amazon really needs to get on the ball if they are going to continue to make Prime attractive. They have no Android app for videos and you can't watch them through an Xbox extender without paying Microsoft for a Gold account. Basically I get to sit in front of my computer and watch my Prime videos... Plus their available content is not so good.

Sent from my mobile device.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Amazon really needs to get on the ball if they are going to continue to make Prime attractive. They have no Android app for videos

Agreed. You can watch videos on the Kindle, which is Android-based, so I suspect that part of Amazon's strategy is to try to steer people toward the Kindle rather than a full-blown Android device where Amazon has zero control over the ecosystem.

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Squeaky wheel gets the grease, does anyone know what is the best email address to contact amazon RE apps?

I sent them an email Jan of this year. Here is their reply.

"At this time, app for Amazon Instant Videos is not available for Android devices. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused in this regard.

We're constantly adding new features to our Amazon Instant Videos, and features unavailable now may become available in the future.

I understand that having the Android app for Amazon instant Videos would be a great feature and would add to the convenience of many customers. Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve the experience of watching our digital videos.

Therefore, I've marked your comments as feedback and forwarded it to our Amazon Instant Video Development Team, so that they will work hard to implement the suggested feature as we plan our future improvements.

At Amazon, we are passionate about driving continuous innovation to serve our customers in the best way possible. We will make every effort to evaluate the information you have provided, and will work on improvements for unsupported devices and try our level best to lead it to program changes or enhancements.

Should you have any question or concern or require any assistance at all please do not hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to provide further assistance."

My suggestion would be to send them an email requesting access to their videos with an Android Tablet. The more emails they receive, the quicker they're going to realize lost income by not having an Android app. Money talks...

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
TRANSLATION: "Blah, blah, blah, buh blah, blah blah."

They have no intention of putting out an Android app for Instant Video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki