Battery drain question

evh5150ni

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

First post on the forum - I'd appreciate any opinion.

I've had my Nexus 10 for a few weeks now, and am just a little concerned that maybe my battery life isn't all it should be. I've found that using wifi drains the battery very quickly, to the point where that I turn the tablet onto aeroplane mode when I'm not using it. I've also turned off as many notifications as I can find.

I don't have any stats for the above, but in aeroplane mode, I've just been watching a large MKV file (standard definition, from a DVD) and made some notes about the battery life. Playing the file with Diceplayer, at a loud volume, I managed to get 30 minutes' viewing with 6% battery loss.

Based on that, I should get about 8hrs of viewing from a full battery, which sounds fine. Perhaps it's just the wifi/notifications that's killing my battery life?

Raypundo

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed WIFI per se causing battery drain, I never turn mine off at home. I don't watch a lot of movies, mostly apps. I haven't found anything "unusual" so far, I know some game apps I have are more demanding than others and I see a difference there, but nothing extreme that caused me to run out of battery (I would be 25% vs 50% battery left by the end of the night).

Morecoffee

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have never turned the WiFi off on mine... and I can confirm that when watching video via Netflix I got over 6 hours of battery life. I plug mine in every night and I have never yet not had it make the whole day... even when I first got it and was using it all day.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I think you need to determine what apps you have installed that may be accessing your WiFi. A loooooong time ago in read a post that mentioned an app that could do this but at that time you couldn't add to your wish list from a browser in the play store, so I don't recall what it was called.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey