Visit site
Here's mine-
Thin bezel like Nexus 7
16:10 aspect ratio
3GB Ram
micro sd slot with capacity for 32 or 64 GB
faster charging than Nexus 10.1
What's on your list?

Unfortunately, it will not have an sd slot, period. Google has made that pretty clear they hate flash cards.
Can't have faster charging unless it is proprietary. I wouldn't mind that as long as it ALSO supports standard USB charging.

#1 on my list is that they should drop the stupid 16GB storage model and offer 32 or 64GB. RAM is cheap, so more would be great. Longer battery life, since nothing is ever long enough on any device. And perhaps better heat dissipation.

Joey_C

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, it will not have an sd slot, period. Google has made that pretty clear they hate flash cards.

Interesting, I never heard that but I guess if they wanted everything moving to the cloud that theory would make sense.

Ultimately I'd love a regular SD card slot but I understand that's a pipe dream. It would make it so much easier to transfer photos from my camera to the device for editing and posting.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Won't the next model be the Nexus 10 [2013] ? since the last one was released in 2012?

That said I second what CRXSSI said and UP the storage.

3GB ram
Keep Front Facing Speakers [assuming ASUS takes over from Samsung]
Would like to see Google start maintianing the Form Factor for several Model years so that accessoreis can span model years. This would encourage more investment by 3rd parties
Official Accessories

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Won't the next model be the Nexus 10 [2013] ? since the last one was released in 2012?

That said I second what CRXSSI said and UP the storage.

3GB ram
Keep Front Facing Speakers [assuming ASUS takes over from Samsung]
Would like to see Google start maintianing the Form Factor for several Model years so that accessoreis can span model years. This would encourage more investment by 3rd parties
Official Accessories

It depends on whether or not its actually released this year. We shall see.

Note 8.0

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It depends on whether or not its actually released this year. We shall see.

Note 8.0

Hmmm It would be odd to miss the Christmas rush.

However I could see a sales strategy in releasing in the New Year and then using the Christmas rush to discount the model and blow through existing inventory before the refresh.

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This thread, and a lot of other threads, indicate that people would hope that the new Nexus 10 would move from 16:9 to 16:10 aspect ratio. However, when I look at the specs for the current Nexus 10 on Google Play, it says that the display IS 16:10. I am seriously considering the new Nexus 10 when it comes out, and was assuming that 16:10 would remain. However, if it's not 16:10 now then that increases the chance of the new one being 16:9 as well. If the current one is 16:10, then it would probably stay the same for the new version. So, I guess my question is, are the specs on Google Play incorrect?

From Google Play:

Google Play

Your favorite entertainment, anywhere you go.

Hit movies and the latest TV episodes are instantly available on Nexus 10 in full HD - there’s no waiting for downloads and syncing, or worrying about storage space. Find the latest episodes from can’t miss TV shows and catch-up on past seasons of your favorite TV series. And because Nexus 10 has a stunning high-resolution 16:10 screen, you’ll be watching your favorite content the way it was meant to be seen.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
"And because Nexus 10 has a stunning high-resolution 16:10 screen, you’ll be watching your favorite content the way it was meant to be seen."

That is a strange thing for them to say, because all HDTV and movies cropped for TV are 16:9. *NOTHING* video related is targeted to 16:10. Perhaps they are just saying it is so very close to the "correct" aspect ratio for video when you compare it to something very WRONG for video.... like the ipad.

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
NothingIsTrue, yes I realize that the specs are for 2012. That is my point. Posters are hoping that the 2013 version will move from the 16:9 aspect of the 2012 version to 16:10 for 2013. But according to Google Play, the 2012 version IS 16:10.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure there is much that could be added to convince me to abandon the current Nexus 10 and get a new one. Yeah, an extra gig of RAM and a boost in processing power would be nice, but would it be an earthshaking enough improvement? I don't think so. The current version is a pretty damned fine tablet as it is.

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Jasw. I have commited to the Nexus 10 or the Galaxy Note 10.1. If I decide on the Nexus, I will wait until the new version comes out and then determine if the specs are worth paying $500+ for, or whether the current version will suffice. Can you please tell me the negatives of your tablet. I am mostly concerned about reboots and lagging that I read about. Coming from BlackBerry, this will be my first android device. Thanks for any input you can offer.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
All this time I have been assuming it was a 16:9aspect ratio, guess I've been wrong. Any one want to measure and do the math for confirmation?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The display is 2560x1600. divide both by 160 and that's 16:10. It might show something more similar to 16:9 on most non-full screen apps because of the navigation button bar.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Can you please tell me the negatives of your tablet. I am mostly concerned about reboots and lagging that I read about. Coming from BlackBerry, this will be my first android device. Thanks for any input you can offer.

There is no "lag" on the Nexus 10.
However, there is some spontaneous rebooting. But it seems to have started with 4.2, then improved but not disappeared with 4.3. It generally seems pretty rare. But I am not sure any 4.2/3 tablet is immune from occasional rebooting.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Jasw. I have commited to the Nexus 10 or the Galaxy Note 10.1. If I decide on the Nexus, I will wait until the new version comes out and then determine if the specs are worth paying $500+ for, or whether the current version will suffice. Can you please tell me the negatives of your tablet. I am mostly concerned about reboots and lagging that I read about. Coming from BlackBerry, this will be my first android device. Thanks for any input you can offer.

I've literally only had 3-4 spontaneous reboots, and have never had any lag at all. Quite the contrary -- this thing blazes.

The only negatives of my Nexus 10 are a small amount of light bleed in the lower right hand corner and a relative lack of tablet-optimized apps as compared to the iPad (which is not particular to the Nexus 10, so it warrants no further discussion).

Light bleed is endemic, more or less, to LCD screens, particularly those housed in as flexible a chassis as the Nexus 10's. But I never noticed it until I came across a few light bleed threads, and it's really only visible when I'm watching a 1080p movie in the dark and the screen is not on minimum brightness.

If I were in your shoes, though, I would probably sit tight and wait for the next gen version or the next gen Note 10.1. Which one of those you should get probably depends upon whether you place more value on having a pure Android device or a skinned Android device with added features (most notably the S Pen).

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much for that info. I do like the idea of the S Pen, and I'm impressed with some of the features of that tablet. However, I think I am leaning toward pure android. Think I'll hang tight to see the specs of the refreshed N10, and then bite on that or the N10 version 1. Again thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions. I appreciate it.

GC

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing is, the only thing I'd like to see in the next Nexus 10 is a screen with better sunlight visibility. That's really the only thing that would cause me to upgrade. And, preferably, it would be something like Amazon has implemented in the next Kindles, not just increasing the brightness (and killing the battery life).

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the current Nexus 10.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4