Cannot access 2nd Gmail account

stardog7

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Both of my regular Gmail accounts are set up in my Nexus 10 tablet. However, when I hit the Gmail icon it only accesses one of the accounts. I cannot find a way to check e-mail for my other account. When I go to Settings>Accounts>Email it lists both Gmail accounts. Help.

stardog7

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I finally figured out the problem. Evidently when I set up the apps on my tablet awhile back I used the red and white Gmail icon as the link to my e-mail. I then moved the icon into the popular apps folder in the Favorites tray. I just now deleted the Gmail icon and replaced it with the gold and white Email icon that is found in APPS. That solved the problem and now both of my Gmail accounts are accessible when I clilck the E-mail icon. I appreciate your reply.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured out the problem. Evidently when I set up the apps on my tablet awhile back I used the red and white Gmail icon as the link to my e-mail. I then moved the icon into the popular apps folder in the Favorites tray. I just now deleted the Gmail icon and replaced it with the gold and white Email icon that is found in APPS. That solved the problem and now both of my Gmail accounts are accessible when I clilck the E-mail icon. I appreciate your reply.

The gold and white email icon is for the stock email program, which works (or should work) for any email accounts including Gmail. The red and white icon you mentioned is the Gmail only app.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
The gold and white email icon is for the stock email program, which works (or should work) for any email accounts including Gmail. The red and white icon you mentioned is the Gmail only app.

Right...and OP probably only added his email accounts via the stock app. Makes sense. Not how I would do it, but that definitely works.