I am going to sell my nexus 10, but I don't want to remove all the games I side loaded, just the ones i bought through the app store and my google account information so the person that buys it can't purchase apps through my account. Is there a way to leave all of the games and apps that I side loaded, and just remove the ones I purchased?
    11-08-2013 05:20 PM
    Well, I guess no one knows.

Can I remove my user info, but leave all the games on there without restoring it back to factory?
    11-11-2013 03:09 PM
    I personally wouldnt sell a device without completely wiping it.

Since it sounds like your side loaded games may have been obtained by other than legal means don't expect much help in this area. Devlopers work hard and deserve to be paid for their efforts. Whoever you sell your tablet to should have to pay for their version of any games/apps. Anything side loaded legally could be sideloaded again in the same manner by the new owner.
    11-12-2013 10:39 AM
    I personally wouldnt sell a device without completely wiping it.

Since it sounds like your side loaded games may have been obtained by other than legal means don't expect much help in this area. Devlopers work hard and deserve to be paid for their efforts. Whoever you sell your tablet to should have to pay for their version of any games/apps. Anything side loaded legally could be sideloaded again in the same manner by the new owner.
    Yeah, I agree, it's always best to to do a factory reset before transferring a device over to another person (especially if you don't know them). You could go through the process of removing your account, but there's a chance bits of personal info could be left behind.
    11-13-2013 11:40 AM
    Since when did sideloading become a euphemism for pirating?
    11-13-2013 11:56 AM

Side loading has never been a euphemism for pirating

leaving sideloaded games on a device you are going to sell when it is much simper to do a factory reset? lets just say it smells more fishy than a Tuna factory.
    11-13-2013 12:16 PM
    Side loading has never been a euphemism for pirating

leaving sideloaded games on a device you are going to sell when it is much simper to do a factory reset? lets just say it smells more fishy than a Tuna factory.
    I didn't think anything of it when I first read it either...but does sound like OP is maybe trying to keep the games on there to "sweeten the deal" so to speak to potential buyers, by providing for free games that would otherwise cost additional money.

Maybe that's not at all what's going at all...I don't think it even matters, or at the very least has no bearing on my opinion of what the OP should do... I'd recommend factory resetting any device before selling it.
    11-13-2013 12:24 PM
    As a buyer and a seller, wipe it. The chances that the games will appeal to a random buyer are fairly small, people have widely differing tastes. *IF* said games are pirated, you run the risk of some annoyed buyer reporting you. Or for having the buyer feel that you, the seller, are a slightly shady character to deal with, since they could assume possible pirating, even if that is not the case. That can be a real turn off to an honest buyer!

At the least, you may annoy the buyer when they have to delete your content. How does the buyer know whether your content is safe or possibly contains malware? If the games are not pirated, the buyer can find and load them on their own if they want them.

I just bought a used Kindle, and was quite annoyed to have to go delete a bunch of the previous users books.

Best bet for added value is accessories like cases, spare chargers, that sort of thing.

Sent from my Nook HD+
    11-16-2013 11:31 AM
    Wipe the device. Skip set up and side load again. A lot of work but it's the only way to be sure everything personal is off

Posted via Android Central App via the shiny new Nexus 5 and a half
    11-17-2013 11:55 AM