video playback

Neil Paice

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have just emailed the place I bought my nexus10, I am not happy with the choppy video quality. Its not acceptable in a device of this spec. Just had both my ipad2 and this running the hobbit side by side using Netflix and this was choppy. Hugely disappointed as I had seriously high hopes for this tablet after reading all the reviews but it can't even play a video back properly? What use is it if it can't even do that?

Posted via Android Central App

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Considering you were streaming the video, are you sure it has nothing to do with your internet connection or a perhaps a setting which is enabled and streams the video in lower quality.

Does it ever happen with 'pre-downloaded' video?

Neil Paice

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Internet connection is fine, like I say both were running side by side. Even on a video I had put on the nexus was choppy at times, you tube too. But everything is smooth on the iPad. I shall wait to hear back from Tue company I got it from, maybe its a dodgy component as a tablet of this spec should run video perfectly, better even than the iPad.

Posted from my nexus 4

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine today and used sling player and the video playback was perfect. Did you do all of the updates to the tablet? I am very happy so far.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Internet connection is fine, like I say both were running side by side. Even on a video I had put on the nexus was choppy at times, you tube too. But everything is smooth on the iPad. I shall wait to hear back from Tue company I got it from, maybe its a dodgy component as a tablet of this spec should run video perfectly, better even than the iPad.

Posted from my nexus 4

Hmmm... In that case, it must definitely be an issue with the device you have.

Neil Paice

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing it is a device issue, the screen is awsome, no doubt about that. Just need to sort this playback issue. This thing really flies, so impressed. My nexus 4 is great too, android has certainly come along way since the original galaxy s, which sucked, that's why I went back to apple. I must confess to being an apple fan but these are certainly winning me over. Maybe I will invest in the nexus 5, are there many benefits of the 5 over the 4?

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing it is a device issue, the screen is awsome, no doubt about that. Just need to sort this playback issue. This thing really flies, so impressed. My nexus 4 is great too, android has certainly come along way since the original galaxy s, which sucked, that's why I went back to apple. I must confess to being an apple fan but these are certainly winning me over. Maybe I will invest in the nexus 5, are there many benefits of the 5 over the 4?

Yes, I think the Nexus 5 is awesome has many advantages and in my opinion (LTE, bigger screen, faster processor etc.) you should upgrade (especially considering its price, I used to be an apple fan too but I the nexus 5 is a better phone and isn't $1069 off contract...) Anyway, is there any update on your Nexus 10 replacement?

Neil Paice

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
As its Christmas I'm not expecting any correspondence for a few days. I bought some Bluetooth headphones but noticed a delay between video and sound using Netflix? Any ideas

Posted from my nexus 4