Potential New N10 Owner

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

So I have just bought a Nexus 5 to replace my iPhone 5 and am looking to get an N10 to replace my iPad 3. I have found somewhere to get a 32GB N10 for ?280 (?100 less than the Play store sells it for). I realised after doing a bit of research that the current N10 is over a year old! But it still appeals to me at this price and with the hardware it has.

My question is, in people opinion would it be a bad decision to buy the current gen N10 when a new one may be being released soon? Could I find myself being stuck not being able to update to the next version of Android when it's released? I know people aren't mind readers and Google could release the new N10 tomorrow. I just want some opinions on what I should do.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I was kinda in the same boat as you. I wanted a nice tablet to replace the one that stopped working. I took a chance a month ago buying one for Xmas and have no regrets so far. I have played with a lot of tablets and know a good amount about them.

There was nothing in that price range that I found to offer what the nexus 10 had.

You are right there has been talks about a new one coming out but as of this point it hasn't been announced yet.

Google usually supports there nexus branded devices for 2-3 years so I would think it would get at least the next one or two updates minimum.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm seems like you're happy with your purchase anyway. Is it pretty fast too? The specs seem quite high, far better than the ones on my iPad 3.

I can get the 32gb nexus 10 and an official case for ?300. I'd guess that when the new one comes out, I'd be hard pressed to get the tablet and an official case for anywhere near this price..

I'm very tempted to get the current N10 anyway..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
It is fast yes. I haven't run into a app problem at all. They all work smooth.

I use the HDMI and hook it up to my TV so I can play games. I pair it with a bluetooth controller which works great.

I was very undecided on what to get but took a chance and happy I did. I was watching lots of YouTube videos and going to different stores to test some of these tablets out. I am a fan of stock android which made this perfect for me.

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your helping me make my decision. I've now bought a brand new nexus 10 for ?275 :) that's for the 32gb one too

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your helping me make my decision. I've now bought a brand new nexus 10 for ?275 :) that's for the 32gb one too

That's great! Tell us how you like it. I love mine :)

Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Sweet deal. Let us know how you like it :)

Posted via Android Central App

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I am glad I was able to help out. I hope you enjoy your new tablet.

Please let us know what you think about it when it comes in.

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys! It should be here tomorrow so I will post my thoughts on it in a few days :)

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Quick one guys..I've bought an official nexus cover to go with my new N10. Just wondering from peoples experience of owning the N10, will I also need something to protect the back of the device or does it not scratch that easily?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Quick one guys..I've bought an official nexus cover to go with my new N10. Just wondering from peoples experience of owning the N10, will I also need something to protect the back of the device or does it not scratch that easily?

I have had my Nexus 10 for a while and have not had a case or screen protector on it except for a very short time. There are no obvious scratches on the device. So I would say a case and screen protector aren't necessary. I have even bumped it a few times against the wall and it hasn't damaged it. But if you want piece of mind, I would get a case and screen protector.

Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay thanks guys :) looking at getting a best skins ever front and back protector as I can't find a back case that's compatible with the official smart cover.

Only problem I have now is that I'm not sure if the best skins ever back protector will install okay once the smart cover is on..

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
So my nexus 10 came today! And overall I'm very happy with it! There's a few issues such as a bit of light bleed on the bottom edges and the battery not seeming too great but other than that, it seems good :)

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So my nexus 10 came today! And overall I'm very happy with it! There's a few issues such as a bit of light bleed on the bottom edges and the battery not seeming too great but other than that, it seems good :)

Really? The battery is amazing on mine. You may have to let it calibrate. And also, mine has a little light bleed on the bottom edges too. But other than that, the Nexus 10 is a great device.

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it is a great device and the screen bleed isn't too bad. Can only see it on black screens. Yeah will leave it a few days and see if the battery gets better. It was already charged when I got it you see so maybe it needs a proper charge once it's died.

I've attached a pic of the bleeding. Do you think it's bad and worth getting replaced?

gevy2ety.jpg

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it is a great device and the screen bleed isn't too bad. Can only see it on black screens. Yeah will leave it a few days and see if the battery gets better. It was already charged when I got it you see so maybe it needs a proper charge once it's died.

I've attached a pic of the bleeding. Do you think it's bad and worth getting replaced?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/29/gevy2ety.jpg

Your light bleed is a bit worse than mine. It is your call to return it or not. If I were you I would exchange it because that would make my OCD go crazy, lol.

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Haha I'll consider it then. As I say, you can only see it when the whole screen is black. Didn't get it straight from Google either so may have issues returning it.. Or get one that's worse!

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Haha I'll consider it then. As I say, you can only see it when the whole screen is black. Didn't get it straight from Google either so may have issues returning it.. Or get one that's worse!

Where did you get it from?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781