Are you still waiting a new Nexus 10?

djm7541

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I have my Nexus 10, since last August.

But I am just amazed at how often I check this forum to see if there is any new news about a new Nexus 10. Maybe I am just bored. But I am starting to wonder if there will never be any new Nexus 10. Maybe they made a deal with Samsung to get out of the business. Or maybe the 10 inch version didn't sell well enough. But still, I check once here, every weekday.

Last edited by a moderator:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Re: are you still waiting a new Nexus 10 ?

I have my Nexus 10, since last August.

But I am just amazed at how often I check this forum to see if there is any new news about a new Nexus 10. Maybe I am just bored. But I am starting to wonder if there will never be any new Nexus 10. Maybe they made a deal with Samsung to get out of the business. Or maybe the 10 inch version didn't sell well enough. But still, I check once here, every weekday.

I think everyone kind of expected a new 10" last fall, given that the both the Nexus phone and 7" tablet got annual device upgrades...but the fact is that Google never said one way or the other whether that was ever their intention with the 10" version.

My guess (which has been my guess since before last fall's Nexus 10 failed to arrive) is that Google will opt for a 18 or 24 month cycle with the this form factor. The N10 is more expensive and sells less, but certainly has a lifespan long enough to sustain an extended period between new versions...so it almost makes sense. Waiting a little longer also helps to ensure that a lot of the folks where attracted to the original N10 will be ready to buy a new one.

Keeping with my original prediction, I'm thinking we'll see a new Nexus 10 late spring/early summer...but I could be wrong and maybe Google has decided to kill the 10" Nexus...who knows? I do certainly hope that isn't the case.

If you're in the market and need a 10" now, there are other options out there, and it's not like there's anything wrong with the current N10 either.

Arthur Cole

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered a Nexus 10 from Amazon. Will be here Friday Feb. 21st 2014. I figure if the new Nexus 10 comes out I can enjoy both of them. If it doesn't, at least I will have the pleasure of a brand new Nexus 10. I have the Nexus 7 2014 and it is great. If the 10" version is as good as the 7" I will be very happy. Come on Google gives us all a big surprise and announce a new tablet at MWC.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I just ordered a Nexus 10 from Amazon. Will be here Friday Feb. 21st 2014. I figure if the new Nexus 10 comes out I can enjoy both of them. If it doesn't, at least I will have the pleasure of a brand new Nexus 10. I have the Nexus 7 2014 and it is great. If the 10" version is as good as the 7" I will be very happy. Come on Google gives us all a big surprise and announce a new tablet at MWC.

I've used both. My Nexus 10 is still a very capable device running the latest KitKat OS (4.4.2), and runs every bit as well as the latest Nexus 7. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

djm7541

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
In any case, after 6 months of ownership, I can really say that I adore my Nexus 10. When I try to go back to using my iPad 2, I see, right away, how much better I like the Nexus 10. It was money well spent.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just to put this into perspective the first tablet GED device was the Xoom, and it lasted just under 2 years. It was then replaced by the N10 and pulled from receiving future updates.

I suspect the N10 has a bit of life left in it. Mine runs great. The only device I would consider an upgrade right now is the galaxy note 10 2014 and the new pro 12.2.

An upgrade for the sake of upgrading isn't exactly a great idea.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My expectation is the new Nexus 10 will include a new arm 64 bit core. Either from Samsung or or Qualcomm. For that to happen they have to be ready. I don't see that for at least another six months maybe even a year.

From a developer platform perspective there is no need for a new on right now.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy