video camera

lotusallen

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I am looking to buy one of these tablets mainly to video my daughters dancing and then playback the video to her to help her in her training. What is the video quality like when videoing indoors on these tablets.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't spend the money just to use it for a video camera. I would buy an independent video camera because it will be better quality. I know I'm not answering your question because I have never taken a video with mine but figured I would tell you what I thought.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

lotusallen

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes but an independant video camera doesnt have a large enough screen to replay the video straight away. The advantage of the tablet is you video then immediately replay the performance so as to improve it next time - which can be only minutes later.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I see what your saying. Tomorrow if no one responds I will test out the video quality and get back to you

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that while a stand alone video camera may not have the largest screen for instant playback they typically have superior zooming capabilities. this will come in handy if you shoudl find yourself seated some distance away from your daughter's performances.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I took a quick video to show you how it looks (there were high school kids walking across the street and didn't want to look like a creep with the camera). I uploaded it to my drop box so just click the link to view it. Its a short video that has me moving the camera back and fourth and holding it still for a few seconds. I will gladly take a longer video but wanted to give you a quick sample. Let me know what you think and if you have trouble viewing it I will try and post it a different way. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lx3eq6jl8fuxbjm/VID_20140211_135759.mp4

lotusallen

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your help and the quality looks good to me. The only thing - i am being a real pain i know - but what is the quality like indoors as most of the time i will be videoing indoors.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry about it. I am here to help. I will take another video later on and post it up. I am assuming there will be a decent amount of lighting so I will try and get some similar.

lotusallen

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Just to say i bought a Nexus 10 and used it at a dance competition today and the quality of the video was excellent and it did exactly what i wanted. My daughter was able to see her performance between rounds.

Thank you for your help.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I am glad to see it all worked out for you. Very happy I could help you out!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon