How do I save pic attachments from email app and gmail to my gallery?

pjmerc

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I have recently purchased a Nexus 10 and updated it to Kit Kat. Unlike my android phone there doesn't seem to be a way to save any pictures sent to me via the email app or gmail to the gallery app. When I tap on save as or save or download it says the pic or attachment is saved but there isn't an option as to where to save it ie save to gallery. And unlike my android phone when pic attachments are automatically saved to the gallery app in the download section?? Where are the pics/docs saved?

I have been searching for the last week on the net to find info on this but haven't found anything.

cheers in advance for your help.

pjmerc

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
With further mucking around I have been able to share some pics from gmail to the pic app which then sometimes but not always puts the pic into the gallery app. The email app will not share anything. Also I have found now that if I open a pic in the pic app and share it with face book it will not send the pic but only the message?????

Why does android on the tablet not work the same as android on a phone??

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I just open the picture attachment. Tap the 3dot menu in the upper right & tap save. It appears in my gallery under downloads in my albums. It appears in time order under times.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

scuba05477

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I tried this on my GS5. I can't find the file anywhere! It doesn't show up in the gallery at all. I have to search in "My files" to find it. Any way to have Gmail save photos and videos in my gallery?

Posted via Android Central App

Don Slyrocks

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
On the new Droid Turbo which was just released last week, Photos received in Email will not save to gallery. If you highlight a photo received in email, you will see three red buttons at the top right of the photo. Click on that and you will get options reading save, save all, share and share all. The save and save all functions do not work. You can not save to gallery or anywhere else on the phone.
In the Text function, if you receive a photo and highlight the photo, a message options box pops up and the last option is save attached to gallery.

Why can't you do this in email? This is a very important task and it does not work. I just got back from Verizon and nobody there could explain and it did not work on any of their phones either. We think it is a software glitch.

Got any answers???

Rob Massengale

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue - trying to send a picture or attachment in GMail in a message. This is my workaround : save attachment to Google Drive, go to Google Drive and download image - file is now saved in downloads folder on the phone. File can then be attached to message from downloads folder.
Hope this helps : )
-Rob

hrlyguy80

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
On the new Droid Turbo which was just released last week, Photos received in Email will not save to gallery. If you highlight a photo received in email, you will see three red buttons at the top right of the photo. Click on that and you will get options reading save, save all, share and share all. The save and save all functions do not work. You can not save to gallery or anywhere else on the phone.
In the Text function, if you receive a photo and highlight the photo, a message options box pops up and the last option is save attached to gallery.

Why can't you do this in email? This is a very important task and it does not work. I just got back from Verizon and nobody there could explain and it did not work on any of their phones either. We think it is a software glitch.

Got any answers???

I also have this same issue. My week old Droid Turbo acts exactly as Don Slyrocks describes. I also noticed that it not only effects pictures, but other attachments as well. I tried to download a .pdf file with similar results. I removed this POP account, and reinstalled it hoping it was just a glitch but the issue is still present. Like Don, attachments saved via SMS text messaging work as expected.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

uxvictor

May 19, 2015
Visit site
It looks to me like they are now all integrating with Cloud storage (which I don't particularly like). When you download a .pdf or image there is a cloud storage icon on the page and you can save the file to cloud storage. Then you can use the cloud storage app to view the file. If you hold your finger on the file in cloud storage then a little menu will show up with a pin. If you click on this pin it will pin the file to your device (putting it in the cloud cache on the device).

I really liked having the file manager and being able to download pdfs and find them in the file manager downloads storage area and I liked the ability to save images to the gallery as well. Unfortuantely, they changed the dang interface. These are the type of changes that I think are bs. If they want to add a new technology (cloud) then they should support the old interface as well as the new one and not just f**k users over and have us wondering what happened to the method we used to do things like store now and retrieve files later.

This is called usability and looks like microsoft is not the only d**ks that do this type of thing in future software versions.

Luishol

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Ok guys very easy tablet tab A do not respond to save pictures if you are using the regular system on the table. ????????????????????????The great answer all of you guys waiting it's here all you have to do it is the best way to download the pics from you email but most be done on internt. Make click on Google chrome - sing in into you email - click the email you have send to you - then click on the pic you like to be donwload and that is you photo automatic will be appear into your gallery note: do not intent to donwload on you regular program using any app on your table all functions are obsolete they do not respond and will be waste of your time hope I have been helpfully note. You only can save photos using internet platform thanks have a great night

Luishol

May 9, 2017
Visit site
I have recently purchased a Nexus 10 and updated it to Kit Kat. Unlike my android phone there doesn't seem to be a way to save any pictures sent to me via the email app or gmail to the gallery app. When I tap on save as or save or download it says the pic or attachment is saved but there isn't an option as to where to save it ie save to gallery. And unlike my android phone when pic attachments are automatically saved to the gallery app in the download section?? Where are the pics/docs saved?

I have been searching for the last week on the net to find info on this but haven't found anything.

cheers in advance for your help.

Use internet platform sing in into Google using you email on the internet interface​, seek the image you wish to donwload and then click the email to open the photo click in the images to be donwload and that it is you photo automatically will be save to you gallery into the donwload folder hope this help you to resolve the issue. If you need copy photo from internet just share to you email and follow the steps before mentioned and that it. Do not use the Gmail app on you table use internet Google chrome to be able to do it. Thanks have a great day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech