Is the Nexus 10 worth picking up still?

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been wanting to update from my G1 N7 to a 10" tablet for some time. After looking at the Note 10.1 pretty close, I decided I'd rather stick with a stock Android build.

N10 has some nice discounts now but is it a worthwhile step up in performance over the N7? (Either gen really)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I think the N10 is still one of the best Android tablets on the market. My Mom just bought one 2 months ago. She has used mine several times. She tried out a few others but decided on the N10. The great screen, front facing speakers, uncluttered Android experience, fast OS updates (we both got 4.4.3 OTA a few days ago) & seeing how mine has held up so well (got mine launch day & use it every day} were factors in her decision. Along with the good deals you can get lately. I told here about the rumored upcoming N8, but she wanted the 10" form factor.

I think one of the main questions is what are you primarily going to use a 10" tablet for?

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I got mine 6 months ago now and still love it. I use it everyday and am very satisfied with it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just sent back my Sony Xperia Z2 and decided t keep my N10 instead. The Z2 is a nice tablet and I probaby would have kept it if it weren't for the touch screen freezing. $600 is just too much to pay for issues like that. My N10 doesn't have quite the performance, aka zippiness, of the Z2, but it is still pretty close, even after 2 years. I am looking forward to the next Nexus tablet to replace my N10.

If you are heavily into gaming, one of the new tablets will give you a better gaming experience. In other words, you can turn up all the settings without a glitch, especially games like Dead Trigger 2 and Riptide GP2. If you are not into graphic-intensive games with the performance settings maxed out, the N10 should have more than enough of what you need.

Just my opinion.

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had a nexus 10 32gb and was very happy with it but upgraded to the Note 10.1 2014 edition on the the day they released it. I thought I'd be using the s-pen and dual screen a whole lot more, it turns out I hardly use those features. So yeah it's definitely still worth picking up, although I've heard they will be releasing a newer nexus 10 inch tablet in the near future.

Posted via Android Central App

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you do pick up a nexus 10 make sure you also purchase the pogo charger as it helps with charging time.

Posted via Android Central App

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
This is simply the best tablet I ever tried and owned. I bought it the day it went on sale and I have never had one problem at all. IMHO it is superior to the iPad, my wife had one so I know first hand via side by side comparison. I am going to buy the Nexus 10 2 upon release and will be selling this one. If you know anyone looking to buy a Nexus 10 that is in absolutely excellent physical and working condition, please let me know. Go Google!

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
This is simply the best tablet I ever tried and owned. I bought it the day it went on sale and I have never had one problem at all. IMHO it is superior to the iPad, my wife had one so I know first hand via side by side comparison. I am going to buy the Nexus 10 2 upon release and will be selling this one. If you know anyone looking to buy a Nexus 10 that is in absolutely excellent physical and working condition, please let me know. Go Google!

How is it superior to the iPad?

Sent from my Moto X...

Lefkatis Andreas

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

how much do you sell it for?

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
The only thing to worry about with the Nexus 10 seems to be the random reboots/freezes that a lot of users have experienced. I'd love mine if it weren't for that one very problematic thing. As is, it has added an aggravation level to the use that has me cussing every time it happens!

I'm hoping when Lollipop is available, that update might fix it, but at present, it is simply going to play backup tablet to my new Nexus 9 which is a dream to use!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The only thing to worry about with the Nexus 10 seems to be the random reboots/freezes that a lot of users have experienced. I'd love mine if it weren't for that one very problematic thing. As is, it has added an aggravation level to the use that has me cussing every time it happens!

I'm hoping when Lollipop is available, that update might fix it, but at present, it is simply going to play backup tablet to my new Nexus 9 which is a dream to use!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I feel you. I've had lollipop on my nexus for a week and so far no random reboots.

Posted via the Android Central App

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I was one of the "dreaming of a Nexus 10 update" crowd. The idea of an improved N10 had me drooling, which itself says how I feel about the original. When the time came, bearing in mind that I am not an early adopter, I had to fight the urge to pre-order a Nexus 9.

I am very glad that I didn't. The customer reviews are very mixed, with Amazon complaints mounting to the point where they actually issued an official company review of the product (that means they pull it and see what's up - currently, buying it on Amazon means buying from the alt marketplace).

I'm taking the time to sit down and really decide if my N10 has aged, or if I'm just like most of the masses, a.k.a. feeling pushed to have the latest-n-greatest while making up superficial excuses to justify it. In short, I think the N10 holds up enough to hold onto it for at least another year. Is it paper thin? No. Is the screen the best out there? Outstanding by 2012 standards, but now it's just really good. Does the battery last all day and night? No. I wish it latest longer. Is it a powerhouse? Again, it was a beast in 2012, but now it's a bit behind the curve. But it runs buttery smooth, for me at least. I can blast through all of my apps and menus with only rare stuttering (even the brand-spanking-new N9 isn't immune to that). And it's getting Lollipop. That might even help.

TL;DR - I am keeping my N10 and holding out for Lollipop. I am glad I didn't get an N9. If you can find a new(ish) one for cheap, I say go for it. Heck, even the 2013 N7 would be a good buy, and it would be even cheaper. It's also getting Lollipop.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I think so if you get it at a good price. With it getting the newest software update from Google it gives the tablet a new look and feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith