Replace your Nexus 10 battery

erbavor

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
There is now a replacement battery at amazon. I would post the link but I can't until I've made 10 posts. What is that about. But it is available as of 11-6-14 for $59 with free shipping.

ASIN #B00PANRXFC

Last edited:

wonderrx

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
can you post an ASN number for amazon so we can search for it? It's like this B00F3T9SYC it's basically their version of a UPC number

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it I am not surprised.

My guess is that those the make the battery don't want to deal with the small numbers of sales associated with the replacement kits. Samsung is probably just using left over stalk they have for making the tablet. The only group that have a reason to really want this are us the consumers, and I suspect allot of them just move onto a different tablet instead of replacing the battery.

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Dealing with Google who takes no responsibility for the tablet once it is past 12 months old, Samsung won't sell you a battery but will replace it ($110.00) after wiping out your tablet even if you don't want them to. Google should make it where you can buy parts for their tablet especially if purchased on Google play.

John Jarreau

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I have spent days and hours speaking to at least 20 people from Samsung, they will not take responsibility for the tablet after 12 months they don't even know the serial number when I give it to them. I finally got tired of dealing with them and order from another website.

Last edited by a moderator:

erbavor

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the Amazon ASIN is B00PANRXFC. Sorry it took so long to reply, ive been on the road. I ordered mine on the 16th and the confirmation email said it will be here by the end of the month or beginning of december.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the Amazon ASIN is B00PANRXFC. Sorry it took so long to reply, ive been on the road. I ordered mine on the 16th and the confirmation email said it will be here by the end of the month or beginning of december.

Good luck with that. Looks like the same situation as on Ali Express. Shady vendors reselling old, used batteries that were discarded or sent back for dismantling/recycling, in some unknown and untested state. The one I was sent was completely fried and, of course, the vendor is fighting it now.... wanting it shipped back to China so they can then claim it works fine or wasn't what they sent or some other slimy situation so they can get/keep their swindled money.

erbavor

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Good luck with that. Looks like the same situation as on Ali Express. Shady vendors reselling old, used batteries that were discarded or sent back for dismantling/recycling, in some unknown and untested state. The one I was sent was completely fried and, of course, the vendor is fighting it now.... wanting it shipped back to China so they can then claim it works fine or wasn't what they sent or some other slimy situation so they can get/keep their swindled money.

I'm hoping there is a big difference.

Last edited:

erbavor

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Interesting that you would compare an amazon vendor to aliexpress. I've never had an issue with amazon like the ones I'm hearing about aliexpress, have you? But I guess I'll see.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that you would compare an amazon vendor to aliexpress. I've never had an issue with amazon like the ones I'm hearing about aliexpress, have you? But I guess I'll see.

I don't use AliExpress but my friend does (and he is who ordered this battery for me). I don't have a lot of comparison experience. But it is absolutely 100% true that there are a LOT of direct-from-china vendors on Amazon, and Ebay too. And I am guessing they are a lot of the same people who are also on AliExpress. I would tend to trust Amazon a LOT more.

But I am basing what I said on what I saw of the listing you provided (B00PANRXFC)... comparing that to the Ali listings. Same non descript type of listing. No mention of "used" or "new". Direct Chinese vendor. And a 10% negative review rate on the vendor is very high. Look at these reviews on products that "ZTHY Tech" sells:

"Battery was dead. No charge at all. Not pleased."

"Took almost two months to get battery. First one was defective, just received the second one after a couple requests for replacement. Will not do buisness with you again."

"Bad battery. Only charging 50%.not original."

"I ordered a NEW battery, and received a previously used battery in a box marked "new." The battery they sent was obviously used, as it had fingerprints and old tape on it. Very disappointing discovery - returned the item."

"your "new" battery ha now been installed in my laptop for a bit over 2 weeks. first 2 weeks, i had 4+ hours of battery life with your new battery. no battery no longer charges. i have less then 10 minutes of battery life. was this a new battery that you sold me? what can we do? thx"

"Item was used and in poor condition not new as described."

"Seller shipped used battery as new."

"This is the 2nd battery that came from them that is clearly NOT a new product. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. My attempts to contact them after the first battery failed - they did not bother to respond at all. Get your battery from some other place!"

"This is supposed to be a NEW item, but it was clearly a used item - and it does not work!! I feel scammed!!"

"Does not charge to the fullness"

"I wouldn't deal with this vendor again"

"Terrible battery life. Barely reaching 2 hours before I need to plug in.[...]Would not buy from again, and trying for a refund."

"this battery vary bad i don't like"

"Received a Defective item only be able to charge at most 27%"

Last edited:

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe how long the battery lasts when it is actually working the way it is supposed to. I went from maybe 30 min of gaming before it work shut off to having it off the charger for 2 days with 5+ hours of screen-on time playing games over those two days and it still didn't even register ANY battery usage (showed "100%"/Charged).

Um, it looks like this is actually a problem. I still have *NEVER* shown *ANY* battery usage. It appears to be permanently stuck at 100%? Even after the Lollipop upgrade, same thing. I have left it off the charger now for days without charging and it still shows 100% and when I look at stats it says "Battery usage data is isn't available". When I Google search that phrase, NOTHING comes up! I widened the search and still could find nothing. I installed GSam battery monitor and it shows the same thing. What is going on? Did I somehow install the battery wrong or it has a bad contact for some sensor? Is the calibration hosed somehow?

I suppose the plan is now to just to keep it off the charger until it finally dies and see if that snaps the monitoring back to working again? Has anyone else experienced this when swapping a battery????

Adam Delu

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Um, it looks like this is actually a problem. I still have *NEVER* shown *ANY* battery usage. It appears to be permanently stuck at 100%? Even after the Lollipop upgrade, same thing. I have left it off the charger now for days without charging and it still shows 100% and when I look at stats it says "Battery usage data is isn't available". When I Google search that phrase, NOTHING comes up! I widened the search and still could find nothing. I installed GSam battery monitor and it shows the same thing. What is going on? Did I somehow install the battery wrong or it has a bad contact for some sensor? Is the calibration hosed somehow?

I suppose the plan is now to just to keep it off the charger until it finally dies and see if that snaps the monitoring back to working again? Has anyone else experienced this when swapping a battery????

I have exact same problem after replacing battery myself about 11 months ago. I was hopeful that project Volta in 5.0 would fix it. Nope. 100% and battery info unavailable until it dies. Sometimes it dies so hard I have trouble restarting it.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have exact same problem after replacing battery myself about 11 months ago. I was hopeful that project Volta in 5.0 would fix it. Nope. 100% and battery info unavailable until it dies. Sometimes it dies so hard I have trouble restarting it.

Ug, I didn't want to hear that. :( 11 months ago is a long time to have the same issue. Have you ever performed a factory restore after the replacement? (I have not, nor do I want to if I can avoid it).

Lithium Ion batteries do NOT like being run down too low (they can be permanently damaged), and part of what a computer is supposed to do is monitor the battery state and make sure it is shut down BEFORE it reaches extremely low states. I was hoping maybe it stored battery info in the NVRAM/BIOS or something and it would re-learn that after a few full-to-dead cycles, but your experience is making me feel FAR less hopeful.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping maybe it stored battery info in the NVRAM/BIOS or something and it would re-learn that after a few full-to-dead cycles, but your experience is making me feel FAR less hopeful.

Yay!!! Last night it finally ran completely out of power and shut down. I charged it overnight. Today I went to use it and when I took it off the charger and started playing with it, the battery meter FINALLY starting ticking down... 99%, 98%.... 89% after 45 minutes of gaming. (Although I had to reboot it when I first started using it because there was no sound for some reason).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463