For weeks I have been getting fairly random device lock ups while using it.

Screen stays on but everything goes complete unresponsive except for holding the power button in and forcing it to power off/reboot.

Every time this happens I notice that the device is VERY warm on both sides of the tablet (front and back) right around the camera area.

I'm running stock/unrooted rom. I really only use 3 apps on a regular basis on the tablet, gmail, feedly and pocket. The lock ups seem to be mostly in feedly first and then secondly in gmail.

Anyone else having this experience and have any suggestions?

I have been thinking about wiping it back to factory but hoping we get lollipop next week so was waiting to see if that fixed anything.

I also have the battery issue where once I hit 40 to 45 device powers off, wish we could find a replacement battery.
    10-28-2014 07:52 AM
    For weeks I have been getting fairly random device lock ups while using it.

Screen stays on but everything goes complete unresponsive except for holding the power button in and forcing it to power off/reboot.

Every time this happens I notice that the device is VERY warm on both sides of the tablet (front and back) right around the camera area.

I'm running stock/unrooted rom. I really only use 3 apps on a regular basis on the tablet, gmail, feedly and pocket. The lock ups seem to be mostly in feedly first and then secondly in gmail.

Anyone else having this experience and have any suggestions?

I have been thinking about wiping it back to factory but hoping we get lollipop next week so was waiting to see if that fixed anything.

I also have the battery issue where once I hit 40 to 45 device powers off, wish we could find a replacement battery.
    uninstall Feedly, reboot, and test.
    10-28-2014 08:11 AM
    OK trying, before I rebooted after running and installing I got a lock up while in pocket (but before I rebooted, well had to reboot! ha)

Is feedly a known problem or are you just helping me through common troubleshooting?
    10-28-2014 10:26 AM
    OK trying, before I rebooted after running and installing I got a lock up while in pocket (but before I rebooted, well had to reboot! ha)
    pocket?
    10-28-2014 07:48 PM
    pocket?
    Pocket is a very popular offline reading app for reading articles/webpages with a more plain text layout.
    10-29-2014 08:57 AM
    Pocket is a very popular offline reading app for reading articles/webpages with a more plain text layout.
    I was wondering how you fit the Nexus 10 in your pocket...
    10-29-2014 06:43 PM
    I was wondering how you fit the Nexus 10 in your pocket...
    Ha ha ha! You got me there, not descriptive enough!
    10-30-2014 05:53 PM
    I just went ahead and did a factory reset on the N10. Came back with 4.4.4 so far so good with no lock ups. Put Gmail/Feedly/Pocket (the three apps that I use on it and lock up on it) on and have used normally. We shall see.
    11-04-2014 11:58 AM
    Mine has been doing this as well, but I don't use Pocket or Feedly. I thought Pulse might be an issue.

Waiting for Lollipop!

Posted via Android Central App
    11-13-2014 05:47 PM