Lollipop update waiting room

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have lollipop on my N10. Of course I just updated it with the factory image. Why wait for the OTA when I can load it myself. It needed to be cleared off anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Lucky you. Just turned mine on now so hopefully soon. How is it?

Nice, but it's not earthshaking. The most jarring change for me is the notification pull down on the left and the settings pull down on the right being combined into one, which appears in the center no matter where you pull. I like to manually adjust my N10's brightness for day and nighttime usage, and it's now an extra button push.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Should be faster now: swipe down with two fingers and quick settings comes down, with the brightness slider revealed. Right?

Posted via Android Central App

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Tried to force update 3 times but no luck....ended up factory resetting until lollipop arrives for a clean install. Still waiting....ughhh!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If I wait for the OTA does it wipe my 10 to factory settings???? Man I have alot of games and such with alot of saved progress! Sorry if this is a noob question but its been awhile since I have had anything update like this. It didnt going from 4.2 to 4.4.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If I wait for the OTA does it wipe my 10 to factory settings???? Man I have alot of games and such with alot of saved progress! Sorry if this is a noob question but its been awhile since I have had anything update like this. It didnt going from 4.2 to 4.4.

Nope.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's ART or the placebo effect but my nexus 10 is running like a dream on lollipop! Why would anyone get a nexus 9?

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's ART or the placebo effect but my nexus 10 is running like a dream on lollipop! Why would anyone get a nexus 9?

Still waiting for it on mine. Done that "forcing it" trick countless times, and nothing yet.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I should say that I didn't do the OTA and used one of the early builds over at XDA. Everything is super smooth and o don't see a reason to do the official release.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping Lollipop will make my Nexus 10 run like a dream. I think the Nexus 10 is great, EXCEPT for the constant reboots and or freezes! Those are *beyond* annoying! I'm scared to use my Nexus 10 for any shopping or document editing or games for fear of a freeze or reboot. If Lollipop doesn't improve that issue, I'll be considering selling the 10. At present, it is being used mostly as a backup device for emergencies or when I'm recharging my Nexus 9.

And why did I get the 9 when I have a 10? Loved the idea of the 4:3 aspect ratio and lighter weight. It's MUCH more suited to my usage than the widescreen ratio of the 10. I absolutely love my Nexus 9 so far! I'd like to see the 10 useful again though! I like wide screen for Golf Star.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I will add to this and say the "Factory Image" from google's site appears to run buttery smooth. I have found a few applications that just aren't compatible though. I have never had issues with my Nexus 10 having reboots and freezing, and seeing how Lollipop runs on it, I have absolutely zero desire to get a Nexus 9.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Because their N10 battery is shot and they don't want to spend $107+ on depot repair, wait weeks to get it back, and then have it completely wiped.

To me that would still be worth keeping a larger tablet without 4:3 aspect ratio.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping Lollipop will make my Nexus 10 run like a dream. I think the Nexus 10 is great, EXCEPT for the constant reboots and or freezes! Those are *beyond* annoying! I'm scared to use my Nexus 10 for any shopping or document editing or games for fear of a freeze or reboot. If Lollipop doesn't improve that issue, I'll be considering selling the 10. At present, it is being used mostly as a backup device for emergencies or when I'm recharging my Nexus 9.

And why did I get the 9 when I have a 10? Loved the idea of the 4:3 aspect ratio and lighter weight. It's MUCH more suited to my usage than the widescreen ratio of the 10. I absolutely love my Nexus 9 so far! I'd like to see the 10 useful again though! I like wide screen for Golf Star.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
I share your misery on the reboots and freezes. I absolutely love the tablet - it's fast enough to survive my frustration about the boots and freezes. And it's a battery miser. But dang, it sure could use some lollipop magic.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac