Got me some 5.0.2 OTA!

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
So far, so good. Had it for a week or two on the N7 2012 and really haven't noticed too many differences.

TJH

Posted via the Android Central App

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Did you actually receive OTA or did you sideload?

Posted via a Republic Wireless Moto X using the Android Central App

Actual OTA. My devices have been getting them pretty early lately. Makes up for all the times I was LAST!

robocat

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
My N10 was locked in Portrait after upgrade to 5.0.2 (Was working before upgrade. Does go into landscape on boot, but never comes out of portrait). Maybe lost it's calibration on upgrade?!

Reboot, or turning off portrait lock and on again, wouldn't fix it. forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-10-tablet/339398-google-nexus-10-tablet-auto-rotate-not-working.html says a reset is required.

Ran SensorGuru to check accelerometer/G sensor (looked to be working fine). After turning tablet around quite a few times for a few minutes, it now seems to have FIXED ITSELF!... YMMV!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
mine came OTA ~ 2.5 hours ago

Mine too. I told it a few hours ago to update and went away to exercise, check computer (doing so now) and eat dinner. Hopefully when I get back to it later it will have updated with no issue. It was only an 8MB update!

Air pirate

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My OTA appears to have solved the video playback issues on Tumblr, for me. Still haven't determined if the slow Wi-Fi issue is resolved. I'm hopeful.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My N10 was bordering on unusable prior to Lollipop, but came back to life afterward. Performance improved so much I spent the money for a new tablet on a 2nd gen Moto X instead. 5.0.2 hasn't decreased the performance, so I'm still a happy camper.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
After this last update I uploaded a few movies for a trip and my tablet became slow as a snail. Example- click on Google Play Store and stare at a blank white screen for 18 seconds. Even removing the movies and wiping the cache partition (something that worked in the past very well) didn't help. After weeks of being almost unusable, I finally gave up and performed a factory image flash to it. Seems to be back to working well again. I was able to save my Candy Crush scores by first backing them up with Helium https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&token=pvn7xKh3 to my Linux desktop then restoring after. Too bad I thought that Google Play Games would restore Plants vs. Zombies 2- nope.... So I lost hundreds of powerups and a score of near 1,000,000 points. What is the point of Google Play Games??? Oh well.

It is really painful having to recover from a reinstall- all my desktop icons and widget placements GONE. All my settings GONE. And the restore of apps failed halfway through so I had to do the rest by hand and NONE of the data for any apps was restored (except that I backed up manually). Yeesh.

Anyway, I guess OTA upgrade after upgrade after upgrade just left things messy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol