Can't connect to my home network

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded my Nexus 10 to the most recent upgrade, about a week ago. I didn't notice anything amiss until yesterday, however. I have Comcast/Xfinity and up till now have not had any problems. Now, when I tap on my home network, it tells me that it's "saved," but not connected. I tried reentering my password, but it made no difference. I can connect using Xfinitywifi, but the signal is much weaker. My Desktop PC connects to my home network with no problem.

Any ideas or suggestions?

JP

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Forget the connection, then create it again.

If the router has a WPS button, go to wifi (on the phone), tap the menu (you'll see WPS button and a symbol - look for a symbol with the 2 round arrows on the router - that will be the WPS button), press the WPS button on the router and tap WPS Button on the phone. The phone and router will talk to each other and establish a connection.

(If you know how to connect to the router itself from your PC with a browser, co9nnect and look at the wireless or wifi page. Look for the encryption. If it's TKIP or TKIP+AES, change it to AES. Some phones are having a problem with TKIP with some updates. [You'll have to drop the connection on the PC, then connect again, so it establishes an AES connection.] If you don't know how, call Comncast tech support and ask them to talk you through it. It's not their fault - there's something incompatible between Android 4.4+ and some routers - and it's the expensive routers that are having the most problem. I had to buy a cheap Netgear N300 to solve the problem here.)

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Android 5.1 on my 10-inch Nexus tablet -- not a phone -- and the router is also Comcast. I found no buttons on the router. What you describe is above my skill level, I'm afraid. I agree that Comcast help won't want to get involved as the wireless network if working for the PC.

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Me a culpa...mea culpa! I overlooked the basic rule of troubleshooting: Progress from the easy to the difficult.

My Comcast modem needed rebooting. Thank you for responding.