Nexus 10 battery change, will I lose data, will it factory reset??

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a nexus 10 that is about five years old. The battery is rubbish and I have finally got around to buying a replacement. However before I do the change over I want to check to see if all the data will be lost as the system will factory reset after I disconnect the battery???
If this is going to happen is there a good app for backing up to a pc??
Cheers for any help😀

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Phones with removable batteries don't do that when the battery is removed so I think you'll be okay. :)

Vauga

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply. Do you anybody that has completed a battery change and not lost the data? Also maybe there is a back up app to copy/clone the tablet before I remove the battery?
Sorry to be a pain a appreciate any responses.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, there's certainly no harm in doing a full backup beforehand, although I don't think it would be necessary. Prudent, yes, but not necessary. That could be done via Settings, Backup & Reset.
I'll move the thread to the Nexus 10 forum for comments from other users.

Welcome as a new member. :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've replaced batteries in many Android devices over the years - pulled them just to restart a stuck device, etc. Never lost a byte of data. The only thing you can lose is data you're working on that you don't save before replacing the battery, the same as if you turn the phone off before saving. Once something is saved, it's in "non-volatile" storage, meaning that it doesn't leave unless you delete it or flash a new ROM or something else that's supposed to delete data. (Of course if you damage the tablet [and doing your own battery replacement on a tablet always leaves that possibility], all your data can be gone [depending on what you damage].)

So, as belodion said, it can't hurt. (You should always have everything backed up anyway - what it you dropped the tablet and someone stepped on it hard enough to damage the motherboard? The data would go with it.) But see Backing up an Android Device to back up everything. (There's no reason to not have at least one backup - there are so many free cloud accounts. I currently maintain 3 - 2 cloud accounts and one backup on a PC.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1