Nexus 10 - Battery Replacement issue

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I replaced the battery in a Nexus 10. I turned it on with the battery Indicator at 100%, and it did not move at all, until after some time of using it, the screen flickered then it died.

When I charged it, the indicator still shows 100%.

Do I need to take i apart again, or can this be fixed some other way?

Glurmo

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I have put a different battery in the Nexus 10, the battery indicator now works except the screen has now got a
1 centimetre wide dead zone, top to bottom (landscape) on right side of the screen which is unresponsive.

Could this be due to a ribbon cable being replaced incorrectly or have i permanently damaged something.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• DSC03485[1].jpg
    DSC03485[1].jpg
    741.7 KB · Views: 2

annhvass

Aug 23, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me - from a few searches I cannot seem to find this problem already reported. I decided to replace my goodle nexus 10 battery - first time I ahve done something like this but following all instructions and videos it was going well. However, using this battery which I have checked and double checked is the right one CS-SGP811SL Battery 8000mAh compatible with [SAMSUNG] GT-P8110, GTP8110-HA32ARB, [GOOGLE] Nexus 10 replaces SP3496A8H, SP3496A8H(1S2P) from here https://amzn.eu/d/hjDymgC

Once I get to the point I want to add the new battery the battery connection is longer in the new battery than in the old battery which means that I cannot connect the battery. Does that make sense - anyone come across this before? Please see two photos attached one where I have connected the battery and you can see the screws are out by 1mm - the other where it is lined up to fit the screws but the connector is then out by 1mm.

Am I missing something really obvious - anyone have any guidance? Is this just the wrong battery?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me - from a few searches I cannot seem to find this problem already reported. I decided to replace my goodle nexus 10 battery - first time I ahve done something like this but following all instructions and videos it was going well. However, using this battery which I have checked and double checked is the right one CS-SGP811SL Battery 8000mAh compatible with [SAMSUNG] GT-P8110, GTP8110-HA32ARB, [GOOGLE] Nexus 10 replaces SP3496A8H, SP3496A8H(1S2P) from here https://amzn.eu/d/hjDymgC

Once I get to the point I want to add the new battery the battery connection is longer in the new battery than in the old battery which means that I cannot connect the battery. Does that make sense - anyone come across this before? Please see two photos attached one where I have connected the battery and you can see the screws are out by 1mm - the other where it is lined up to fit the screws but the connector is then out by 1mm.

Am I missing something really obvious - anyone have any guidance? Is this just the wrong battery?
Welcome to AC!
Might want take to local repair shop and ask for assistance maybe they can give some tips and maybe tip them or buy them coffee if they do help without charging