uploadfromtaptalk1349989156916.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 147
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349989163592.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349989163592.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 143

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Too bad it's an LG. hopefully Sony and HTC also make a nexus assuming the multiple Nexii rumor is true...

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
LG is a great phone company are you crazzzzzyyy?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I think a lot of people have a negative impression of LG because of the lack of updates to their phones. Since this is a Nexus phone, that won't be an issue. I know I want a Nexus phone next and it will most likely be this one since I can't upgrade until March. I'm hoping there is a 32GB version by then! :)

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I hate Apple... not only because they make gay phones... but also cuz they patent every detail causing lawsuits and slowing down the civilization progress.... I laugh when I see a male using this fancy crap.... I'd rather buy a Windows phone or Nokia than iPhone.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jackpfree

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I hate Apple... not only because they make gay phones... but also cuz they patent every detail causing lawsuits and slowing down the civilization progress.... I laugh when I see a male using this fancy crap.... I'd rather buy a Windows phone or Nokia than iPhone.....

Look you can have your own opinion regarding Apple and the iphone and what phone you would rather buy, but Apple is not the only company at fault for slowing industry growth with their patent disputes. US carriers are totally not allowing smartphones to play on an even playing field. How in the world is the Lumia 920 going to perform as well as the iphone 5 or GSIII when the Lumia is only on AT&T? There are other factors as well (patent trolls come to mind) that slow industry growth, but all I am saying is that Apple is certainly not to be solely blamed.

I have an Iphone 4 right now and I am totally switching to Android or WP8. I had the original droid and it was really slow compared to the iphone, so I switched. Now Android and WP8 are on par with iOS in my opinion, and iOS is boring to me now since Apple is not innovating on the software side of things. I am on verizon so I am looking at this nexus, the HTC 1080p phone, and the HTC 8x right now.

Also, I would advise not to use the word "gay" to describe something. I don't mind that you do it and hell I call things gay when I am paling around with my friends (gay being a replacement for lame or something) but on an internet forum, you never know who is going to be offended.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Look you can have your own opinion regarding Apple and the iphone and what phone you would rather buy, but Apple is not the only company at fault for slowing industry growth with their patent disputes. US carriers are totally not allowing smartphones to play on an even playing field. How in the world is the Lumia 920 going to perform as well as the iphone 5 or GSIII when the Lumia is only on AT&T? There are other factors as well (patent trolls come to mind) that slow industry growth, but all I am saying is that Apple is certainly not to be solely blamed.

I have an Iphone 4 right now and I am totally switching to Android or WP8. I had the original droid and it was really slow compared to the iphone, so I switched. Now Android and WP8 are on par with iOS in my opinion, and iOS is boring to me now since Apple is not innovating on the software side of things. I am on verizon so I am looking at this nexus, the HTC 1080p phone, and the HTC 8x right now.

Also, I would advise not to use the word "gay" to describe something. I don't mind that you do it and hell I call things gay when I am paling around with my friends (gay being a replacement for lame or something) but on an internet forum, you never know who is going to be offended.

For all we know it was Nokia's decision to only go on one carrier, That isn't the same as patent wars. Maybe AT&T offered Nokia x amount of dollars to keep it exclusive for some amount of time. Which is not unheard of or uncommon in the cellular industry.

Apple is the major patent problem atm that hinders innovation. Their problem is they hate Android and they hate having competition so they refuse to work with them for licensing. Most other companies don't go the route of suing for banning and money, they simply say you give us x amount of dollars and you can use whatever they are suing for. But Apple doesn't want to play nice or fair they want to play dirty.

Is Apple fully at fault? Probably not, but I understand why ppl dislike them for it.

Also, gay technically means happy or "bright and showy" which is a dead on the definition of an iPhone. :p

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
But isn't it true that homosexual males prefer iPhone over other phones? In my observations it is. I live nearby the "rainbow" neighborhood in Chicago and often observe what phones folks are using there. And believe me - it's about 80% iPhone. I'm not offending anyone, I just say what I see and the very word "gay" is nothing close to an insult. Do your own observation research:)

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
But isn't it true that homosexual males prefer iPhone over other phones? In my observations it is. I live nearby the "rainbow" neighborhood in Chicago and often observe what phones folks are using there. And believe me - it's about 80% iPhone. I'm not offending anyone, I just say what I see and the very word "gay" is nothing close to an insult. Do your own observation research:)

That does not mean most male iPhone users are gays

Clcross18x

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Huh......I guess I fall into that 20 percent then.....I've had every Nexus phone and a whole bunch of other Android phones as well. Anyways, a large part of why a lot of gay males have iPhones probably comes down to one app....Grindr. It released on iOS first I believe. You could also make a strong argument for reasons of style and whatnot. And also.....depending on context and the situation its used in....yes...the word gay can be an insult. Notice how you used the term "rainbow" instead of gay so as not to appear over the top rude.

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
You are oversensitive. I wouldn't feel offended if you said that Samsung was a hetero phone... But let's not talk off topic... sorry if I offended anyone...

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I love living in 1812. Nothing like attending my cotton fields. Oh wait I live 2012 where I can hold hands with my brothers and sisters regardless if they have apple or android in their pocket without getting stoned.

Everyone just relax and have little perspective. You are debating about personal preference of phones so no need to bash minority in society that has ro deal with bigger issues. For example will they be treated as equal in today's society or will their sexual oriention be used as a PUN in some debate about phones....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol