When on the Play store?

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
My prediction is that it shows up immediately after the official announcement. I'm thinking 8/16 GB versions on the play store and higher capacity versions released later to the carriers. Can't wait for Monday!

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... I'll probably order it once it appears online.... And put mine on eBay.... Will be checking on Play store when I wake up...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I will hold off from buying from the play store after what I went through ordering my N7 on launch day. Hopefully Google learned from their mishaps with launch of N7 so earlier buyers do not get burned again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I will hold off from buying from the play store after what I went through ordering my N7 on launch day. Hopefully Google learned from their mishaps with launch of N7 so earlier buyers do not get burned again.

What happened with the N7? I'm out of the loop with that release.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What happened with the N7? I'm out of the loop with that release.

People that preordered from the play store only, many of them that preorderes the first day or week got there tablets after thoughts who order or week or so after. Furthermore thoughs that preorder many waited foe the tablets while retail stores were selling the N7. I preorder they day it was available to pre-order and my card did not get charged and did get shipping information for almost a month. I waited couple weeks after the device was being sold through retailers. To make things worse people who preorder weeks after or purchased from play store when available got there tablets before thoughts thag pre-order in first week or like me the first day the N7 was available for pre-order. In the end it was good month or two before buying N7 was smooth transaction.

Unfornately there was other issues with play store that will not get into that had to deal with refunds and canceling orders. My point is the launch for pre-order for the N7 did not run smoothly for about half that pre-order. It seemed that the ones who did not pre-order or pre-order the last minutes got their N7 before though who pre-ordered early. Luckily for me Google refunded me my shipping cost but that took almost a month in themselves and took several calls over month to get my refund. Customer service was very nice but seemed to be overwhelmed and unprepared to deal with compilations that came with the release of the N7.

Lastly again I will not buy LG Nexus 4 on launch for pre-order or purchase until I see their will be no problems. If their any problems I will wait until Google fixes any issues that arise from the launch of the LG Nexus 4.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
@bunique, that's good to know should I choose to pick up this device from the Play Store. Hopefully Google will learn from their mistakes. Too bad the announcement is pushed back now due to the hurricane.

quamdar

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't think they would still release it if they're postponing the event but it is anyone's guess what they are going to do now.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I know some European retailers have leaked that they will be selling the N4, but have there been any U.S. retailers that gave indication they would be selling it?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I know some European retailers have leaked that they will be selling the N4, but have there been any U.S. retailers that gave indication they would be selling it?

I kind of hope Best Buy sells it. I like their phone insurance policy: $10 a month and no deductible. Sure you're likely to get a refurbished unit, but I've generally had good experiences with my NS the two times I've had to send it in. The refurb I have now has been working like a champ for nearly a year.