Can I use the 299$ 8GB Nexus on T-mobile?

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I guess, to be honest I'm not very techy. It's one of the reasons I've being avoiding Android, I've never bought anything online. So buying it at a store is preferable.

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have T-Mobile prepaid for one of my phones, $30.00 a month 5GB 4G data, after 5G you drop to 2G or whatever, and 100 talk minutes. I never get beyond 1.5GB and I use the phone like crazy as a portable hotspots for all my devices.

I also have Sprint, but will not be renewing my contract or upgrading my NS4G. I will miss unlimited calling, but not slow data.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Just because its the same phone doesn't mean it'll be the same price. You said it yourself....its $199 and $20 a month for 20 months. That's the price of the retail price assuming you are right in that price and its not just $199 on a classic plan.

Think you misunderstood me. I said buy full price so you save $20/mo, which is the difference in monthly cost between their Classic Plan (subsidy) and Value Plan (no subsidy). I have no information on the pricing of their installment plans for this device.

There's no reason that T-Mobile will be selling this off-contract at anything reasonably more than what Google does.

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
If anything I can just give the money to a friend and have them buy it for me online with their card. Man I can't believe I'll be able to have instangram and Angry Bird space like normal people, I love Windows Phone but there's so much waiting involved.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Think you misunderstood me. I said buy full price so you save $20/mo, which is the difference in monthly cost between their Classic Plan (subsidy) and Value Plan (no subsidy). I have no information on the pricing of their installment plans for this device.

There's no reason that T-Mobile will be selling this off-contract at anything reasonably more than what Google does.

That makes more sense. But I still kinda doubt you will be able to pick it up for the same price. T-Mo lives on the subsidy so its possible they raise the price simply because they don't want ppl to walk in and pay cash for a phone with no ties to their service.

We'll see though......What might be interesting is if Costco ends up carrying it. Because they carry T-Mo devices and originally they had the SGS3 for $399 off contract. That would be very nice with a 90 day return policy to boot and they give you a nice accessory package.

Unfortunately I'll prob not be able to get in on that deal if it ends up happening since I most likely will have this the first second pre orders go up for sale.

Srsly can't wait 2 more weeks!

- - - Updated - - -

You may have to get your friend to handle any warranty claims if there happen to be issues.

I think as long as he has the receipt he should be able to file a claim.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma