White Nexus 4

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
White N4
uploadfromtaptalk1351557454568.jpg
4:15-4:18
The white version of the N4 seem to appear as a tease in this video. You can say it's the intense bright light but the problem with that is the edges are a matte gray would not reflect completely white. I am just crossing my fingers.Plus why did they make that shot so particular short and then when you get full look of the device they cut away as well they show N4 mutiple times before and after on that same table where N4 is easily visible.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
We've seen absolutely nothing other than a single inventory shot (that was likely just put up preliminarily with no information) that there will be a white version of this device. Google isn't going to sanction a news site to leak out or "tease" a white version in a video. It's likely that there will never be a white version of the Nexus 4.

I seriously think that it's the lighting and the use of a table thats lit from below that makes it appear as though the back of the device is white.

But hey, could be wrong. I'll go enjoy my Nexus 4 while people wait for the white unicorn one to come out later :p .

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I really hope they do decide to sell the white version too. That way if I buy one for my wife also we will be able to tell out phones apart easily. We have had identical phones before and it is a pain to tell them apart until her phone starts to get scratched up. She is not as gentle on her phones as I am and she likes to let our kids play with hers.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I really hope they do decide to sell the white version too. That way if I buy one for my wife also we will be able to tell out phones apart easily. We have had identical phones before and it is a pain to tell them apart until her phone starts to get scratched up. She is not as gentle on her phones as I am and she likes to let our kids play with hers.

Sounds like exactly what she needs is an all glass phone! :D

As far as the white goes, I'm a bit disappointed its back only and they can't make a whole white phone. Seems weird to have a unibody device that is 2 tone, idk maybe I'm wrong in that thinking.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well she has gotten better. She pretty much destroyed her EVO shift in less than a year so when I upgraded to a GSII I gave her my old EVO 4G as a replacement, and after using that one for almost a year it is more or less still fairly intact and functional. I would have no problem getting her a N4 especially since the Evo 4g is getting pretty long in the tooth. Besides if she breaks her new phone she would be going back to the Evo, and that alone should be incentive enough for her to take really good care of it.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well she has gotten better. She pretty much destroyed her EVO shift in less than a year so when I upgraded to a GSII I gave her my old EVO 4G as a replacement, and after using that one for almost a year it is more or less still fairly intact and functional. I would have no problem getting her a N4 especially since the Evo 4g is getting pretty long in the tooth. Besides if she breaks her new phone she would be going back to the Evo, and that alone should be incentive enough for her to take really good care of it.

Are you planning on moving carriers or just praying Sprint ends up getting it? Because idk how she will go back to Evo if you guys are on GSM side of things.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like exactly what she needs is an all glass phone! :D

As far as the white goes, I'm a bit disappointed its back only and they can't make a whole white phone. Seems weird to have a unibody device that is 2 tone, idk maybe I'm wrong in that thinking.

The back and sides will white because Google likes the jet black on front when the screen is off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Are you planning on moving carriers or just praying Sprint ends up getting it? Because idk how she will go back to Evo if you guys are on GSM side of things.

Lol, yeah I am thinking about switching to another carrier, I just had a brain fart. But hey, all the more reason for that threat to carry weight with her.

" Well here is your old phone back since you broke your new one. It doesn't actually have service anymore... so have fun with that"

Hmm. I wonder if we still have her old T Mobile phone laying around somewhere, back from when we got maried and switched to a family plan on Sprint. Which was like 6 years ago.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol, yeah I am thinking about switching to another carrier, I just had a brain fart. But hey, all the more reason for that threat to carry weight with her.

" Well here is your old phone back since you broke your new one. It doesn't actually have service anymore... so have fun with that"

Hmm. I wonder if we still have her old T Mobile phone laying around somewhere, back from when we got maried and switched to a family plan on Sprint. Which was like 6 years ago.

You sir, are a great husband! I would suggest getting some insurance on it though, I never insure my phones but this one will get some. :)

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I kid, but in reality for her I would probably either find a way to insure the phone, or at the very least get a good screen protector and a nice thick case for it. But honestly just using an old phone as a backup in case something happens to the current one has been my "insurance policy" for so long that I didn't even give it a second thought when I first mentioned that.

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I need two white ones; for my mom and my gf..... women.... i like us all having the same phone.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1353390485674.jpg
I noticed on carphonewarehouse.com they got rid of white Nexus 4 option I wonder what that means?

I would hate to settle for black version but their no clear sign the white N4 exists or is coming anytime soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited: