Best prepaid carriers for Nexus 4

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any suggestions for a prepaid carrier for the Nexus 4? Currently I have virgin Mobile for 25 a month but I would be willing to switch for this phone if the price would be at around 35 per month max.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any suggestions for a prepaid carrier for the Nexus 4? Currently I have virgin Mobile for 25 a month but I would be willing to switch for this phone if the price would be at around 35 per month max.

There are a few posts about this already. But the only possibility in your price range is the $30 a month T-Mo plan with 100 minutes, unl texting, and 5GB of unlimited data.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
There are a few posts about this already. But the only possibility in your price range is the $30 a month T-Mo plan with 100 minutes, unl texting, and 5GB of unlimited data.

Yeah that's what I figured, oh well. I use 300min a month so that wouldn't make sense.

When tmobile finally ups the min to even 200, I will definitely switch.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to check it out then. I only get tmobile 2g in my area but I might have to deal with it since the Nexus 4 is so sweet

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to check it out then. I only get tmobile 2g in my area but I might have to deal with it since the Nexus 4 is so sweet

No reason to choose T-Mobile if you know for a fact you'll only get 2G. Look into the other prepaid carriers that operate on AT&T if they offer 3G in your location.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No reason to choose T-Mobile if you know for a fact you'll only get 2G. Look into the other prepaid carriers that operate on AT&T if they offer 3G in your location.

It'll be faster then what he currently has with Sprint towers. :p

Also, his price range of $35 is ridic low, if he would be willing to up that some it might be possible. ST offers discounts if you buy 3 6 or a year in advance. Iirc it can go as low as $40 a month if you pay super in advance. But then they have the ability to drop you at any time and you lose all that money. Slight risk on that front.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
It'll be faster then what he currently has with Sprint towers. :p

Also, his price range of $35 is ridic low, if he would be willing to up that some it might be possible. ST offers discounts if you buy 3 6 or a year in advance. Iirc it can go as low as $40 a month if you pay super in advance. But then they have the ability to drop you at any time and you lose all that money. Slight risk on that front.

Yeah,lol. Right now my download speed is a little over 200kb. I've also been looking at straight talk.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah,lol. Right now my download speed is a little over 200kb. I've also been looking at straight talk.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

After taxes its about $48 and change for one month, if you buy 3 months it'll go a bit cheaper. Obviously it'll be more money but should mostly provide a better experience with a great phone.

It's hard to beat that VM deal of $25 though, it provides a great price for what you get. The only downside is the phone selection and network it runs on.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
After taxes its about $48 and change for one month, if you buy 3 months it'll go a bit cheaper. Obviously it'll be more money but should mostly provide a better experience with a great phone.

It's hard to beat that VM deal of $25 though, it provides a great price for what you get. The only downside is the phone selection and network it runs on.

It's hard to switch after paying so little for years. There is a rumor that Virgin might be taking away the 25$ plan and putting me on the 35$ plan. That's why I'm looking to change because Imo its better to pay 45 with straight talk then 35 with virgin Mobile for such slow speeds. But if this change doesn't happen ill just stick with virgin for the time being.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's hard to switch after paying so little for years. There is a rumor that Virgin might be taking away the 25$ plan and putting me on the 35$ plan. That's why I'm looking to change because Imo its better to pay 45 with straight talk then 35 with virgin Mobile for such slow speeds. But if this change doesn't happen ill just stick with virgin for the time being.

Yea I'm not sure about that. They recently let a bunch of ppl get back on the $25 a month plan, I am almost positive if you upgrade your phone you will need to drop the $25 though. So you will be in the same category I was in with Sprint, saving onto a cheap plan with an old outdated phone just to save some money.

allyrand

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Here is an excellent article on pre-paid carriers: Top 5 pre-paid wireless plans for Android phones | Android and Me

I'm personally going to consider jumping from T-Mobile to Solavei very interesting concept! Sign Up, Log In, or Learn More | Solavei

My girlfriend and I have been using Solavei since it started. I have an HTC One S and she has Gnex. The speed is awesome and coverage is great in the Los Angeles area. My hotspot works on my One S without any issues. I will be switching to a Nexus 4 and try that out. Also, we have signed up a few friends and neither of us has had to pay for service in 2 months. Can't beat that! We have saved $350.00 in 2 months going this route. I don't think I will ever be under contract again, why bother? If anyone has any questions about Solavei I can answer them. Just send me a PM here and I can give you all the details. And it isn't a scam or a pyramid.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend and I have been using Solavei since it started. I have an HTC One S and she has Gnex. The speed is awesome and coverage is great in the Los Angeles area. My hotspot works on my One S without any issues. I will be switching to a Nexus 4 and try that out. Also, we have signed up a few friends and neither of us has had to pay for service in 2 months. Can't beat that! We have saved $350.00 in 2 months going this route. I don't think I will ever be under contract again, why bother? If anyone has any questions about Solavei I can answer them. Just send me a PM here and I can give you all the details. And it isn't a scam or a pyramid.

I believe it but I wouldn't be able to sign anyone up. Shoot, nobody I know wanted virgin Mobile when they would of only had to pay 25 a month. People here LOVE to support Verizon and nothing else.

allyrand

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I believe it but I wouldn't be able to sign anyone up. Shoot, nobody I know wanted virgin Mobile when they would of only had to pay 25 a month. People here LOVE to support Verizon and nothing else.

Even if you did nothing your service would still cost $49.00. Its not required you sign up anyone. Its kind of like when Direct TV gives you money for referring a friend. Doesn't hurt to check it out, theres alot of info on the service here. $49 cell phone plan

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in Solavei, I asked a friend for a sim card. But I have this nagging feeling that I'm part of some Piramid Scam, in the video the comments are blocked so that didn't gave me any confidence either. But Nexus 4 and Solavei seems to be the best offer, I'm crossing my fingers =).

allyrand

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in Solavei, I asked a friend for a sim card. But I have this nagging feeling that I'm part of some Piramid Scam, in the video the comments are blocked so that didn't gave me any confidence either. But Nexus 4 and Solavei seems to be the best offer, I'm crossing my fingers =).
Its not pyramid you don't have to worry about that its a real company. If you have a friend thats a member he should be able to tell you all about it. And if you did sign up today you did good because right now you get a free month of service and a free sim card. That offer ends Oct 31st at midnight. So you only need to spend $49 to get started and thats a great price to get into any cell phone service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10