That's how long until my contract with VZW is over and my family and I are moving to Straight Talk with N4s. I'd do it now, but I have to wait till tax return time to buy 3 phones outright and no ETF at that time is a great bonus. Hopefully by then, the kinks will be worked out and accessories will be plentiful.

So very excited for this phone and even moreso, to stop being wallet-raped by my carrier. XD
    Slender Troll likes this.
    10-30-2012 08:14 PM
    That's how long until my contract with VZW is over and my family and I are moving to Straight Talk with N4s. I'd do it now, but I have to wait till tax return time to buy 3 phones outright and no ETF at that time is a great bonus. Hopefully by then, the kinks will be worked out and accessories will be plentiful.

So very excited for this phone and even moreso, to stop being wallet-raped by my carrier. XD
    And I thought 2 weeks was a long time to wait.....Good luck not going crazy!
    10-30-2012 08:16 PM
    Does straight talk have 4glte?
    Or how does gsm compare to lte?

Motorola Photon 4G
    11-01-2012 05:22 PM

Motorola Photon 4G
    Straight Talk does not have 4g LTE. They use HSPA+ atm. It might change someday, well it will change someday because HSPA is going bye bye. But who knows when that time will come. HSPA+ is slower than LTE normally but doesn't drain battery as much, but its also more efficient for the most part since its completely rolled out and LTE is in its baby stages.
    11-01-2012 05:27 PM
    Straight talk has HSPA+, but not LTE (neither of which are technically 4G anyways)

LTE has generally higher speeds on paper, but sucks down battery and data like a fat kid at Twinkies camp.
    HSPA+ can theoretically outperform LTE. How it shakes out it your neighborhood depends on your local towers, it's different for everyone.
    11-01-2012 06:39 PM
    I don't understand straight talk.

What towers do they use? I tried to view their coverage maps and they are so tiny that I can't see crap..
    11-01-2012 07:52 PM
    They don't got a coverage map because they run off tmo and att towers(u can choose which one at startup)

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    11-01-2012 08:02 PM
    Everyone in your family is getting the same phone?

Sent from my Sony Xperia ion
    11-01-2012 08:04 PM
    They don't got a coverage map because they run off tmo and att towers(u can choose which one at startup)

I don't get it. What's the point of paying double for at&t then if I can just get straight talk with the same exact coverage?
    11-01-2012 08:11 PM
    I don't understand straight talk.

What towers do they use? I tried to view their coverage maps and they are so tiny that I can't see crap..
    They use all 4 towers.....With this phone you would have the choice of T-Mo or AT&T, generally defined by what area you live in. But they have phones for all 4 carriers.

I don't get it. What's the point of paying double for at&t then if I can just get straight talk with the same exact coverage?
    Family plans, roaming, and LTE. Also, if you are a sucker and enjoy having your wallet drained monthly.
    11-01-2012 08:15 PM
    Straight Talk buys data/airtime in bulk and resells it at a discount so it IS cheaper. However, there are negatives - limited roaming capabilities, a nebulous definition of "unlimited data" that gets applied very arbitrarily, and a habit of unilaterally cancelling the service of users who exceed their unstated daily/monthly caps (and you end up losing your phone number in the process!)
    11-02-2012 12:39 AM
    Goodluck with the wait, hopefully its cheaper for you when tax time comes around.
    11-02-2012 01:43 AM
    Insurance better phone prices customer service ect

11-02-2012 03:09 PM
    Oh yeah and what he said about straight talk is true if u wanna go prepaid don't go straight talk real talk

11-02-2012 03:10 PM