Nexus 4: Battery, S3, T-Mobile

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
1. Is it correct that the back of the phone and battery will not be removable?
I am a heavy user and usually by 6 pm need to either recharge or put one of my spare batteries in. Does that mean that it might not be advisable to get the N4 for me?

2. Is it worth giving up the S3 for this. I am assuming that neither are tremendously greater than the next. Is it a question of whether I want the newest OS and better hardware vs a little better feature set in the S3?

3. I am on the Value Plan with T-Mobile. I owe about $340. I would be better off selling my unlocked S3 which I will do anyway and getting it from Google Play correct. I believe to get the subsidized price I have to have my balance paid off. Or I am thinking since there is no full price maybe this wont be available to Value Plan customers?

Thanks

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I am a heavy user and usually by 6 pm need to either recharge or put one of my spare batteries in. Does that mean that it might not be advisable to get the N4 for me?

2. Is it worth giving up the S3 for this. I am assuming that neither are tremendously greater than the next. Is it a question of whether I want the newest OS and better hardware vs a little better feature set in the S3?

3. I am on the Value Plan with T-Mobile. I owe about $340. I would be better off selling my unlocked S3 which I will do anyway and getting it from Google Play correct. I believe to get the subsidized price I have to have my balance paid off. Or I am thinking since there is no full price maybe this wont be available to Value Plan customers?

Thanks

1 - You can't remove the battery

2 - Imo yes it is. Mine is already up for sale and rly hoping someone bites on CL.

3 - Buy it from play store.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
1. Regarding the battery what if I am a heavy user and almost at 0 at 6 p.m. that will be a big problem, wont it?

2. I had planned on buying it from the Play Store. But for s and giggles if someone gets it from T Mobile will they get updates just as quickly
Will T Mobile have a bunch of their own bloatware on there even though it is unlocked

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
1. Regarding the battery what if I am a heavy user and almost at 0 at 6 p.m. that will be a big problem, wont it?

2. I had planned on buying it from the Play Store. But for s and giggles if someone gets it from T Mobile will they get updates just as quickly
Will T Mobile have a bunch of their own bloatware on there even though it is unlocked

1 - You don't have access to a charger? I'd guess its going to get a little better battery life than what previous models offer, idk what you have now. But it'll no doubt drain if you are using it and using it and using it all day long. Any phone will.

2 - Nobody knows yet, But most likely T-Mo is the exact same model and won't have any bloat installed. Most if not all of T-Mo bloat can be uninstalled anyway and/or downloaded from the play store should you ever want it.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

Non removable battery. If you are that big a power user, you might want to think twice. I am assuming that you are saying that you are switching out the SGS3 battery at 6 PM, you can expect similar performance out of the n4.

The n4 is going to be weird decision for some. I run AOSP on my sgs3 so i get the best of everything. Stockish ROM, removable battery and SD card slot. I do not think that it is worth it to trade off if you are happy with the s3. The hardware on the N4 is not all that better than the S3.

I have no idea about your t-mo contract you would do best to contact them.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The hardware on the N4 is not all that better than the S3.
Factually incorrect. Ars Technica benchmarked the N4 and it crushed everything but the iPhone 5 and the screen is supposed to be at least equal to the HOX.

There are the obvious factors which may make the N4 inappropriate for some users, but there's no need to make up reasons to denigrate it.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
LOL. I simply meant external hardware. I guess inshould have specified that

But I did think the internal hardware is definitely superior to the GN and very close to the iPhone

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Factually incorrect. Ars Technica benchmarked the N4 and it crushed everything but the iPhone 5 and the screen is supposed to be at least equal to the HOX.

There are the obvious factors which may make the N4 inappropriate for some users, but there's no need to make up reasons to denigrate it.

I didnt say that there werent differences, but if the sgs3 is in hand, the upgrade is not a huge. Dual core or quad core does not make a big difference at this point since apps really do not take advantage of the cores yet.

I do not have to make reasons up to put it down. It is a nice little phone. No doubt. It just is not that huge of a jump from the sgs3 like going from the sgs2 to the sgs3 would be.