I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

disq

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn't mean to start s***...just wanted to speak my mind that the N4 seems to move the Nexus line forward less than the GNex did.

GNex brought:
-LED indicator
All of which (other than possibly the LTE versions) were positives.

By comparison the Nexus 4 has:
-Same LED indicator position

Just seems it's a "safe" upgrade.

You are forgetting that the LED indicator was present in Nexus One, it was taken away with the Nexus S, then came back with the GNex. I don't think you need to include that in your list, IMO lack of the LED indicator was one of Nexus S' many shortcomings. Most (maybe all?) of the Samsung-made Android phones didn't have any LEDs (flash or notification) for some time, then they finally started putting LEDs with S2 and then the GNex.

I think you are drastically undervaluing the N4.
What else are you expecting the phone to do? Aside from lack of LTE radio's and an average size battery you cannot build a phone with better specifications; I don't know what other groundbreaking technology Google could have infused this phone with.

Summed up nicely. :)

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this has been asked/answered yet, but do you think the N4 needs (or Google should've built into JB 4.2) the type of power management software that the Optimus G has?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I have been a silent reader for a long time, so don't call me a noob :)

The N4 does not have a removable battery, so how do I get out of situations when the phone is stuck on the google logo or a random freeze up. It's pretty easy on my GNEX, pop the back and remove the battery. How would I do that on the N4?

Been using it for more than a week. Have yet to have it lock up like that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Today's battery. About 3 hours of screen time. Left Wifi off most of the day.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352520319349.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352520319349.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 79

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Today's battery. About 3 hours of screen time. Left Wifi off most of the day.

that's not bad at all. you get 1 day very easily i believe.

di you find any bugs? I know its not final software but just wondering. if this is bug free then final would be almost perfect.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
We already know quite a lot now about this phone in its pre released state.

However, we know nothing of the wireless orb.

With the phone going on sale in a few days, no release date is confirmed for the charger, or price (or international availability)

Can nobody (seriously, nobody?) Get any information about this?

I'm getting worried about its availability, many will want this for their new phone.

It would seem stupid to announce such a feature in the phone that isn't ready with their own charger on release date.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

raazman

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
We already know quite a lot now about this phone in its pre released state.

However, we know nothing of the wireless orb.

With the phone going on sale in a few days, no release date is confirmed for the charger, or price (or international availability)

Can nobody (seriously, nobody?) Get any information about this?

I'm getting worried about its availability, many will want this for their new phone.

It would seem stupid to announce such a feature in the phone that isn't ready with their own charger on release date.

Calm down. The wireless charger is an accessory and they will make plenty of em. You don't have to worry about them not being available.

I'll say it as many times as I need to! Just who the hell do you think we are?!

And wow, this escalated quickly...

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Calm down. The wireless charger is an accessory and they will make plenty of em. You don't have to worry about them not being available.

And wow, this escalated quickly...

I am calm, I just want this with my new phone :)

But nobody knows anything about it, no date, no price etc

That's very weird, with release day being only a few days away.

raazman

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Of course! I'm sure most of us will buy it in a heartbeat! But Google hasn't released any information yet. I would hope they let us order with the phones but I highly doubt it. Remember how the nexus 7 cases were sold later ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the battery details Phil.

While 3 hours screen time isn't the best it looks like there's been a fair few apps chewing the battery as well, and at present I'm lucky if my S2 manages 2 hours screen time.

Roll on Tuesday.

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Saw in your review you've noticed a few hairline scratches already on your device. Is that a result of drops, or from keys/placing on table/etc?

We all know you're still a strong believer in phone nudity (you pervert), but are these scratches and the potential long term durability of the back making you reconsider that stance?

Would you be interested in a clear bumper, that would still show off the beautiful back but afford a little extra protection to the phone?

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Saw in your review you've noticed a few hairline scratches already on your device. Is that a result of drops, or from keys/placing on table/etc?

We all know you're still a strong believer in phone nudity (you pervert), but are these scratches and the potential long term durability of the back making you reconsider that stance?

Would you be interested in a clear bumper, that would still show off the beautiful back but afford a little extra protection to the phone?

This is what I'm concerned about. Funny how a review I read yesterday (can't remember, but can find it) said that he had ZERO scratches after a couple days even with laying it down everywhere, etc. He even took a key to the front and back of the phone and still nada. But then Phil and a couple other reviews said the scratches are happening almost instantly after a day?! I don't get it. I thought that was the whole point of Gorilla Glass to have ZERO scratches.

I guess I'm be getting the bumper case as soon as it's offered in the Store!

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This is what I'm concerned about. Funny how a review I read yesterday (can't remember, but can find it) said that he had ZERO scratches after a couple days even with laying it down everywhere, etc. He even took a key to the front and back of the phone and still nada. But then Phil and a couple other reviews said the scratches are happening almost instantly after a day?! I don't get it. I thought that was the whole point of Gorilla Glass to have ZERO scratches.

I guess I'm be getting the bumper case as soon as it's offered in the Store!

Idk that the back is gorila glass. on the verge video the Google guy says it is. but then elsewhere i haven't seen mention of it being gorilla glass but rather a "glass like substance" either way i think gorilla glass is more about not breaking than not scratching. I can't wait to see the bumper case. if it looks good ill probaly get one if not ill stick with one of the ZAGG type shield things for the back. Or maybe cover it up with a diff skin if i don't like the sparklies.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Lol, have you seen all of Phil's phones?

He's not good at looking after any, so i guess hes the best to test it. :)

mcguinness89

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Didn't someone from Google say on twitter that they were releasing accessories such as bumpers when the phone first goes on sale..? Not gonna go looking for it but if they are releasing that charging orb soon it might just be the moment they release the phone.

Does it support visual voicemail?

Yeah of course, you can use either Google Voice or T-Mobiles visual voice app (most likely).

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Didn't someone from Google say on twitter that they were releasing accessories such as bumpers when the phone first goes on sale..? Not gonna go looking for it but if they are releasing that charging orb soon it might just be the moment they release the phone.

Then why can't we see this online in the play store like the phones?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the wireless Nexus charging orb will be available just as quickly as the Nexus 7 dock has been.

Oh. Um.... Hmm.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Why do you keep quoting the release date of the phone? No release date has been given for the charging "orb." I'm not sure why you're assuming the release dates of two separate items have anything to do with one another.

It'll get out eventually, relax.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae