I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

enfuego360

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's not coming with LTE. Period. Maybe later, but not now. And I care about now.

Is it worth $350 unlocked, off contract? You'd better believe it.

Soooooooo, there could be an LTE version coming out soon? What are the rumors? With my Verizon contract up at the end of this month, I was hoping to finally get my hands on a Nexus phone. I currently have a Thunderbolt and could hold on to that for a little longer, especially if I can get my hands on an LTE Verizon Nexus 4.

I really had my heart set on that. But if there won't be one, then maybe a Note 2 or SIII. Could do a Razr HD or unannounced HTC DNA. Or maybe find a cheap GNex and play with that for a year. I am not looking to spend more then $300 on a phone (Probably more in the range of $200).

Oh, what to do? What to do? :-\

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
There are no rumors. It's a GSM phone like Phil said, it isn't coming to Verizon as it stands.

If your contract is up... Why not look at getting a GSM phone and switching? Is LTE that important?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how the new "airplay" feature on the Nexus 4 work? (connect the Nexus 4 to the TV wirelessly I believe)
I owned a Mytouch 4G (this thing is like 2 years old already) which has a feature called "Screenshare" that let you wirelessly play videos and pics to your TV through DLNA, but I couldn't get it to work, right now I only know how to use HDMI cable to connect my phone to TV, so that's why when i heard about the new feature on the Nexus 4, I really wanna know how to make it work.... THANKS FOR READING THIS

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone comfortable in the hand? I don't mind size but since it's thicker than the S3 and awkward to hold I'm going to regret getting one instantly =(.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
On google play it says that the Nexus 4 has slimport HDMI under their connectivity section, however I have not seen any reviewers speak about this. Is their in fact slimport HDMI out or is this a typo on the Nexus page? Thanks!
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nes?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=Bkpr8GWE

Nope. you heard it right. it has a slimport

Nexus 4 boasts SlimPort support for tethered display sharing -- Engadget

Analogix unveils SlimPort Nexus 4 accessories - SlashGear

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how the new "airplay" feature on the Nexus 4 work? (connect the Nexus 4 to the TV wirelessly I believe)
I owned a Mytouch 4G (this thing is like 2 years old already) which has a feature called "Screenshare" that let you wirelessly play videos and pics to your TV through DLNA, but I couldn't get it to work, right now I only know how to use HDMI cable to connect my phone to TV, so that's why when i heard about the new feature on the Nexus 4, I really wanna know how to make it work.... THANKS FOR READING THIS

read this thread you will understand http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...cast-contents-phone-tablet-hdtv-miracast.html

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I wonder if this is implemented through software as its using the Micro USB port, or if it is different hardware. I would assume the latter but if it is software I wonder if the N7 will see this and the N10.

its a combination of hardware and software. you need miracast certified hardware to plug in your TV to share the screen. its cost $59 but the cost will go down.

on the software Android 4.2 got you covered.

iviustang50h

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is a lil better than the Iphone 5 by about 15%.. I dont have one but side by side use on a recent trip the 4 lasted longer but I was on ATT hspa while she was on att lte..

Earbuds are something that normally users have and to keep the cost down they werent included... also LG makes really crappy throw in headphones and you wouldnt want those..
I use an app called BEYONDPOD.. its in the market and I enjoy it. Its part RSS reader as well as Podcast player.. its a couple of bucks but there are free ones as well..

Panda

Thanks for the info. I assume the iPhone 5 will get longer screen on time, though?

nimer55

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I know this is very unlikely, but any chance Google decided to adopt the iPhone standard for the 3.5mm headphone jack since no one makes Android headphones? (in other words, does the iPhone's headphones' 3 buttons work on it, or only the middle one?)

I'm expecting a "no", but thought I'd ask.

stubborn_d0nkey

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
@Pedo bear Panda guy blackmannx

Do you have the 8b version or 16gb version? I've read some rumor that they both use the same nand. I doubt it, but if you have the 8gb and the knowledge can you check your nand?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I assume the iPhone 5 will get longer screen on time, though?

Yes the iPhone 5 definitely has a longer screen on time a week ago my battery was at 20% and I was listening to music plus playing a game on my phone for almost 1 hour and 45 mins screen on the whole time. Way better than I could get with my GNex rooted and tweaked. This varies of course by person.

That doesn't include my use during the rest of the day plus my standby times have been awesome ranging between 36-40 hours.

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Define "too fragile."

Is it Toni Braxton "Unbreak My Heart" fragile, or more like BJ Armstrong has a melt down and "drops" his guitar on concrete "of course it would crack" fragile?

Edit: Just watched the "Unbreak My Heart" video w/ no sound, too funny. The guy in the beginning (who ends up walking around with a wind swept unbottoned shirt the rest of the video) looks cool even when she picks up his broken head.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae