I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
SO knowing that the software was not final on most review units, does anyone know when the update for final release is/was being pushed. could that be why Phil is waiting to let the review out? Would be nice to see a lot of the early review issues fixed with a nice pre-release software update!!!

Still want that review thought :)

FrankyV

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
How many hours of screen on time do you get when going from near full battery to near empty and what brightness setting you used. How it was used doesn't matter, I just would like to know an average screen on time amount. Thanks for answering our questions.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Phil do you think it will sell out first day? Maybe someone can talk to the powers that be and find out if they are prepared.
Even if you knew exactly how many Nexus 4 devices were available, there's no way to predict how many people will buy them.
Yeah but there is a way to tell if they think the have enough supply for demand. I mean they have guys that go to school for that type of thing. Like if they said "we are prepared for the orders on Tuesday. We feel the 25,000 units we have will go fairly quick." I would know to order pretty quick. If they said 1,000,000 units I would feel more at ease. It's kinda easy to tell if they have enough for the initial wave of orders. I mean Apple does the opposite to sell out.
I don't see how Phil would be privy to that info. Maybe Jerry, but doubtful (sorry, Jerry, no disrespect intended).
Where is the review?!?!!?
Oh, criminy. At least post something worth reading, people, not the same ol' parroted question that has already been answered.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Phil! How's it going? The Nexus 4 is obviously worth waiting for. My question is in your opinion, do you think we'll ever see it on Verizon? I could definitely wait a few more months to get a phone if there was even a chance. This is everything I have been waiting for in a phone and I'd really, really hate to pass it up.

By the way, that video about the review was HILARIOUS! I died laughing when it got to the dog!!!

Soooooooo, there could be an LTE version coming out soon? What are the rumors? With my Verizon contract up at the end of this month, I was hoping to finally get my hands on a Nexus phone. I currently have a Thunderbolt and could hold on to that for a little longer, especially if I can get my hands on an LTE Verizon Nexus 4.

I really had my heart set on that. But if there won't be one, then maybe a Note 2 or SIII. Could do a Razr HD or unannounced HTC DNA. Or maybe find a cheap GNex and play with that for a year. I am not looking to spend more then $300 on a phone (Probably more in the range of $200).

Oh, what to do? What to do? :-\

There are no rumors. It's a GSM phone like Phil said, it isn't coming to Verizon as it stands.

If your contract is up... Why not look at getting a GSM phone and switching? Is LTE that important?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

There are rumors that carrier specific models for Sprint LTE and AT&T LTE will be released eventually, but definitely not at launch. I'd guess it'd be months before we see anything other than the Play Store version. And after the Verizon fiasco with the GNex release, I can't see Google going back to them.

Apparently very instagram like

:( filters dont cut it for me. I want real settings (even if they are digitally reimagined) ;)

They have added HDR and that photosphere thing.

tatltael

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I would love to hear how the wifi reception on the nexus 4 compares to the galaxy nexus. That was the one thing i disliked about the gnex. Its wifi reception is so much worse than my galaxy s2 or all the other phones in my house. Does the nexus 4 fix this?

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I would love to hear how the wifi reception on the nexus 4 compares to the galaxy nexus. That was the one thing i disliked about the gnex. Its wifi reception is so much worse than my galaxy s2 or all the other phones in my house. Does the nexus 4 fix this?

Same here. The WiFi radio on my NS4G sucks big time in terms of range and signal strength, particularly compared to my old Palm Pre (the only other phone I can compare it to)

Inkyape

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I would think you will find this review interesting then: Test du Nexus 4 (smartphone Android par Google et LG)

FbPVx.png

Google-translated part about reception:
Some smartphones have sometimes problems with WiFi or 3G reception. Good news, the Nexus 4 has neither!

We took several phones that we have on hand and launched a "Wifi Analyzer". This test allows you to see what hotspots are detected by the WiFi chip, but also to see signal strength. In this area, the Nexus 4 is simply the best deal in its two competitors. It detects the hotspots over both the Galaxy Note 2 and get a better intensity than the Xperia T. Faultless!

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey Phil will 8GB be enough for me. I don't have any music or videos in my phones and I barely used more than 2GB in my current Windows Phone. But Android is much more App friendly (in Windows Phone you don't have to use any apps for any basic stuff like Social sharing or music or anything)

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
How is the connectivity to other devices? I mean like connecting to a usb flash stick or an external drive? How"s the bluetooth interface with say your laptop for file transfers. I keep records on my laptop that I would like to carry with me like a copy of my budget in text and xls format. So I'm interest in the best way to get coppies to the nexus 4 and maybe back the other way. I am sure that WiFi File Explorer PRO will work for WiFi transfers but how about bluetooth? Do you have the means to see how well it interfaces with Linux like Linux Mint or Ubuntu?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech