I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

Shravyastuti Maji

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 44060

Apparently I'm allowed to talk about this a little. So fire away.
can u tell me anything about how the nexus 4 handles the heat related issues???? i m planning to buy one so i just wanted to know abt it...plus i have read quite a few ppl saying it gets heated up really fast just by browsing for sometime without mulitasking....please enlighten me with this issue

monkey28rb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
can u tell me anything about how the nexus 4 handles the heat related issues???? i m planning to buy one so i just wanted to know abt it...plus i have read quite a few ppl saying it gets heated up really fast just by browsing for sometime without mulitasking....please enlighten me with this issue

It does get warm with normal use.. I played a couple minor games, as well as browse the web and I did feel it get noticeably warmer.

- - - Updated - - -

It does get warm with normal use.. I played a couple minor games, as well as browse the web and I did feel it get noticeably warmer.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Not really an issue, as usual you only hear about the exceptions on message boards. Most of us have no problem at all.

laser155

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure where to ask this since it is more software related than hardware related but:

Does anyone know why on my nexus 4 I can't edit any of my contacts that are connected through google +? I was trying to add phone numbers to many of them but realized that any that are connected through google + can't be edited. How do I work around this?

Last edited:

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
So, yesterday I said goodbye to Sprint and the account is activated and I have till 1-7-13 to port the number out or they will charge for another month of service rates. I have ordered a Nexus 4 and will be here in 6-7 weeks, patience is a virtue. In the meantime I am using an old flip phone with AT&T pay as you go for $25.00 I want to port my sprint number but, do not have the new phone before 1-7-13 when the account will be closed.

Questions:

1-I ordered a Tmobile prepaid micro sim card and should get it tomorrow. Should I go ahead and activate the sim card and port the number even though I do not have the Nexus 4 yet?

2- If I activate online, can I port the Sprint number online or should I call TMobile to do it?

3-Can I buy a cheap TMobile prepaid phone, activate it and then switch the sim card to the Nexus 4 when it comes in? Doing this will allow me to test TMobile in my area before I get the phone or since it is a cheap phone I should wait to get the beast?

4-What is the advantage of porting the number to Google Voice? If I am possibly going to be testing TMobile and ATT Straight Talk plans for a month each. I do not want to lose my 13 year old phone number and have to notify all my contacts of a new number from either ATT or TMobile.

I am just trying to make a smooth and simple porting of the phone number from Sprint asap since the account will be closed on -7-13 before the Nexus 4 gets to me. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

It is a bit confusing when the Walmart employee tells me that the TMobile sim cards with the phones they sell are tied to those phones and you can not switch to the Nexus 4. She also told me that the $30.00 plan on TMobile only applies to Walmart purchased phones. When I questioned TMobile on this, they stated that was not true and since I am not buying the phone from Walmart, I can order the TMobile prepaid sim card and activate it online and still get the $30 plan. Then, to call TMobile and they would port my number over.

Thanking in advance,

Ian B

itsjose

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So, yesterday I said goodbye to Sprint and the account is activated and I have till 1-7-13 to port the number out or they will charge for another month of service rates. I have ordered a Nexus 4 and will be here in 6-7 weeks, patience is a virtue. In the meantime I am using an old flip phone with AT&T pay as you go for $25.00 I want to port my sprint number but, do not have the new phone before 1-7-13 when the account will be closed.

Questions:

1-I ordered a Tmobile prepaid micro sim card and should get it tomorrow. Should I go ahead and activate the sim card and port the number even though I do not have the Nexus 4 yet?

2- If I activate online, can I port the Sprint number online or should I call TMobile to do it?

3-Can I buy a cheap TMobile prepaid phone, activate it and then switch the sim card to the Nexus 4 when it comes in? Doing this will allow me to test TMobile in my area before I get the phone or since it is a cheap phone I should wait to get the beast?

4-What is the advantage of porting the number to Google Voice? If I am possibly going to be testing TMobile and ATT Straight Talk plans for a month each. I do not want to lose my 13 year old phone number and have to notify all my contacts of a new number from either ATT or TMobile.

I am just trying to make a smooth and simple porting of the phone number from Sprint asap since the account will be closed on -7-13 before the Nexus 4 gets to me. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

It is a bit confusing when the Walmart employee tells me that the TMobile sim cards with the phones they sell are tied to those phones and you can not switch to the Nexus 4. She also told me that the $30.00 plan on TMobile only applies to Walmart purchased phones. When I questioned TMobile on this, they stated that was not true and since I am not buying the phone from Walmart, I can order the TMobile prepaid sim card and activate it online and still get the $30 plan. Then, to call TMobile and they would port my number over.

Thanking in advance,

Ian B

1. Well if you port the number wont you end up phoneless until you get the nexus?
2. I'm sure you'll have to call T-Mobile.
3. The Nexus 4 uses a microsim, so if you ordered that, all you would need is a sim adapter and you can pop into the prepaid to test out T-Mobile. I would say just wait until your Nexus 4 gets in.
4. Google Voice seems nice, you can link all your phone numbers together to that number so they all ring at once. I believe SMS is free. Thats all I remember for now I'm not very knowledgeable on the pros and cons so check it out here. Google Voice - Features

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
1. Well if you port the number wont you end up phoneless until you get the nexus?
2. I'm sure you'll have to call T-Mobile.
3. The Nexus 4 uses a microsim, so if you ordered that, all you would need is a sim adapter and you can pop into the prepaid to test out T-Mobile. I would say just wait until your Nexus 4 gets in.
4. Google Voice seems nice, you can link all your phone numbers together to that number so they all ring at once. I believe SMS is free. Thats all I remember for now I'm not very knowledgeable on the pros and cons so check it out here. Google Voice - Features

Thanks for your opinion. Regarding number 1, I am using an old prepaid flip phone w AT&T till the Nexus 4 comes in.

Ian B

Everene

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Does the GPS work standalone, or do you have to have cell service to use GPS. For instance, if I wanted to use it essentially as a 4" tablet instead of putting a sim card in the phone, could I still use the GPS feature?
GPS is standalone <3
You've got yourself a 4" Tablet w/o SIM :)

Everene

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The big thing is there's glass on the back which conducts heat better than other phones... so it may feel hotter where the processor is during heavy multitasking but... It's all good :D

Everene

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone drag and drop items from one menu to another? Every time I get to the edge it doesn't jump screen.

Nexus 4
From one homescreen to another is fluid for me, the idea behind it is that curved Gorilla Glass lets you gesture from the very edge of the phone so maybe they utilized that :)

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I've meant to ask this one a while ago.

Most every video in YouTube the Nexus display looks terrific. I've used the Optimus G which I also am quite fond of.

The question: why is it that in the pocketnow videos on YouTube the screen looks so yellow, warm and awful? Blame it on their video recording equipment? Just curious! They're depiction of this IPS display seems to not line up with any other reviewers videos.

Thanks Phil!

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know for sure if tthis has a hard reset since there is no battery pull...??
All samsung phones have the built in hold the power button for 30 secs and it will shut off... what about this...??

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know for sure if tthis has a hard reset since there is no battery pull...??
All samsung phones have the built in hold the power button for 30 secs and it will shut off... what about this...??

Yes this is how it works.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
You probably already got this answered from someong else.. anyhow, yes it is multi-color. So far I've got white (usually), green (LINE) and red (ASTRID) notifications.

LightFlow > customize all notification colors. I personally like a slow green pulse for a charged battery, amber for low battery, red for missed call, blue for MMS and SMS texts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae