I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

akash varma

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
my nexus 4 is not being rocognized as media device , so that i can tranfer my songs. the usb settings are correct. so tell what could be wrong with my phone:'(

Alexg314

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Which is better:

CM10 nightly from the official guys, or the CM10 ROM done by someone from XDA? I'm just curious cus wouldn't the ROM be more stable than the nightlys?

IMRRK

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello friends, I got nexus 4 8GB version, it worked for a day, and later it started getting restarted frequently, and now it doesnt start also. any suggestions, what might have happen.

abrahavt

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I have just installed Widget Locker. First time I am using it. Seems to work fine. I am now trying to get to the Widget Locker settings. Cant figure out how. When I press the widget locker icon it takes me to the widget locker screen which allows me to add sliders, widgets etc. but I need to get to the setting so that I can change the settings for overlapping widgets, changing the grid size, wallpaper etc. I have a rooted device stock Jelly Bean.

srivatsa86

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Just got my Nexus 4 today.Feels Great....Previously i had Galaxy S2...
Need to get adjusted with this phone.
Is there any phone management software for Nexus ( Like Samsung Kies for Samsung Phones to manage the device)
Bit confused as i could not find any information on Nexus site.
It would be great if you can share some manual on the usage of Nexus.

Thanks

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Because it's a Nexus device it doesn't have any manufacturer bloat ware on it. It would be better to know what you are trying to do so we can help you get things rolling. I also came from a GS2, so I should have a good handle on what you need to do.

Hi,Just got my Nexus 4 today.Feels Great....Previously i had Galaxy S2...
Need to get adjusted with this phone.
Is there any phone management software for Nexus ( Like Samsung Kies for Samsung Phones to manage the device)
Bit confused as i could not find any information on Nexus site.
It would be great if you can share some manual on the usage of Nexus. Thanks

srivatsa86

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
1)Something like Updating Contacts/Files/Pics/Videos ( Similar to Kies and Kies Air). How do you export/import data?
2)Is there any guide/ Shortcut keys Guide or something on Nexus so that i can understand all the operations and functions.....
3)I could not figure out where the task bar is, where as in S2 you just need to hold the Home button and you can find the task bar and you can kill operations if required
4)I could not find the GPS shortcut key when you pull down the screen ( Could find only wireless, bluetooth, serttings)
5) is there something like Wi-Fi direct in Nexus??
6) is there a shortcut key to enable Data Packets?

Pls help me on the above points

Thanks

markstan

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have the new Nexus 4 and after a few concerns at first, I am now very happy with it. I was an iphone user prior to going Android, so many parts of Android are new to me. I am trying to improve battery life on the device and have installed Juice Defender, which seems to be doing a good job. However, my biggest worry was how hot the phone gets (top half /rear) when using the phone for more than 30 mins, especially gaming. After reading some stuff online, I decided to download the Franco Kernel App, but I'm now wondering if this App only works if you "Root" the device, which is something I hadn't planned doing. Apologies if I'm asking things that I should know or on the wrong thread, but would appreciate your comments.
Thanks Mark.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I have the new Nexus 4 and after a few concerns at first, I am now very happy with it. I was an iphone user prior to going Android, so many parts of Android are new to me. I am trying to improve battery life on the device and have installed Juice Defender, which seems to be doing a good job. However, my biggest worry was how hot the phone gets (top half /rear) when using the phone for more than 30 mins, especially gaming. After reading some stuff online, I decided to download the Franco Kernel App, but I'm now wondering if this App only works if you "Root" the device, which is something I hadn't planned doing. Apologies if I'm asking things that I should know or on the wrong thread, but would appreciate your comments.
Thanks Mark.
Yes you need to be rooted to install the Franco kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Which is better:

CM10 nightly from the official guys, or the CM10 ROM done by someone from XDA? I'm just curious cus wouldn't the ROM be more stable than the nightlys?

The official CM10.1 is the same as the one in the xda thread maintained by DvTonder. And it is very stable, as CM is based on AOSP, and Nexus 4 is AOSP already.

Hello,
Thanks Mark.

Yes you need to be rooted to install the Franco kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Actually you do not need to be rooted in order to flash Franco's kernel. You do need to be rooted in order to use his kernel app. You can install the zip via recovery or the .img via fastboot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney