I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The official CM10.1 is the same as the one in the xda thread maintained by DvTonder. And it is very stable, as CM is based on AOSP, and Nexus 4 is AOSP already.

Actually you do not need to be rooted in order to flash Franco's kernel. You do need to be rooted in order to use his kernel app. You can install the zip via recovery or the .img via fastboot.

Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Phil,
I searched and do not see this being discussed. On one of the podcasts talking about N4, you mentioned issues just plopping in an AT&T LTE Sim card. What issue was that? I want to be able to switch devices without a store visit and can do so now between my Note 2 and iphone 5(with a Sim adapter). I would love to get my first plain Google device but I like tinkering.
Thanks all!

Edit: I was searching via Tapatalk. I now see other threads on this issue but some have issues and some dont. Just seeing if it is possible with the same Sim.

Edit again: seems all have you have to do is change APN and you are good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

srivatsa86

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
1)Is Wi-Fi Direct supported on Nexus 4...Can you pls let me know the procedure..is there any Application....Wanted to transfer some data from Galaxy S2 to Nexus 4...
2) is there any option to disable "Frequent contact list" in contacts/Phone app as it is really annoying....
Pls help

sd94

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to transfer my music from pc to nexus 4 by attaching usb cable between pc and nexus 4 and copying the selected music to music folder in nexus 4 internal storage. However, after disconnecting the wire when I try to play the music on nexus 4, it does not see the copied music any where. Attached the cable again and saw that music is in internt storage on Nexus 4 but not able to play or see it on the phone by itself. Any help?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to transfer my music from pc to nexus 4 by attaching usb cable between pc and nexus 4 and copying the selected music to music folder in nexus 4 internal storage. However, after disconnecting the wire when I try to play the music on nexus 4, it does not see the copied music any where. Attached the cable again and saw that music is in internt storage on Nexus 4 but not able to play or see it on the phone by itself. Any help?
that is weird as the music can actually be in any folders and it should be recognized. What format are they?

amoxrulz

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, there, i also got my nexus 4 couple of days ago, I saw this yellow vertical line on the right side of the scree, searched a little, some said its coz of glue which is not dried yet.. sound a little logical and it really went away after few hours use, 2 days later (yesterday night) this stupid line appeared again and i m not really sure when and how its gonna go... :( its very dim and difficult to notice, but as far as i know its there, i cant have PEACE OF MIND :s

Please Help...

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi, there, i also got my nexus 4 couple of days ago, I saw this yellow vertical line on the right side of the scree, searched a little, some said its coz of glue which is not dried yet.. sound a little logical and it really went away after few hours use, 2 days later (yesterday night) this stupid line appeared again and i m not really sure when and how its gonna go... :( its very dim and difficult to notice, but as far as i know its there, i cant have PEACE OF MIND :s

Please Help...
I would give it a couple of days if it doesn't go away and you can't live with it then you will have to call Google and ask for a replacement. :( unlike.

rgraham1

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
"Fire Away"

I have a new N4. I am trying to set up the APN settings to work with Consumer Cellular.

The Customer Support from CC has been poor, since they do not sell the phone.

Can you provide the correct APN settings so that I can access the Internet?

many thanks,

rgraham1

amoxrulz

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
thank you very much for your feedback, just min ago, i realised that the line is flucuating, kinndda appearing and disappearing :/ wtf,

n i know i would call google and ask for replacement, i was just wondering, what the problem could possibley be, and if someone else has face it as well :/
I would give it a couple of days if it doesn't go away and you can't live with it then you will have to call Google and ask for a replacement. :( unlike.

amoxrulz

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
i also got my nexus 4 couple of days ago, I saw this yellow vertical line on the right side of the scree, searched a little, some said its coz of glue which is not dried yet.. sound a little logical and it really went away after few hours use, 2 days later (yesterday night) this stupid line appeared again and i m not really sure when and how its gonna go... its very dim and difficult to notice, but as far as i know its there, i cant have PEACE OF MIND :s
Phil,
I searched and do not see this being discussed. On one of the podcasts talking about N4, you mentioned issues just plopping in an AT&T LTE Sim card. What issue was that? I want to be able to switch devices without a store visit and can do so now between my Note 2 and iphone 5(with a Sim adapter). I would love to get my first plain Google device but I like tinkering.
Thanks all!

Edit: I was searching via Tapatalk. I now see other threads on this issue but some have issues and some dont. Just seeing if it is possible with the same Sim.

Edit again: seems all have you have to do is change APN and you are good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
thank you very much for your feedback, just min ago, i realised that the line is flucuating, kinndda appearing and disappearing :/ wtf,

n i know i would call google and ask for replacement, i was just wondering, what the problem could possibley be, and if someone else has face it as well :/

Well if it's moving then it's not glue so I would think it could be a faulty screen. Sorry

gotnexus4

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been playing with Nexus 4 for almost a week now and this one thing is p&(&* me off. How can i setup my facebook to show "sent via nexus 4" message" ?

Last edited:

sd94

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Format was wma and I was trying to play it with google music which was not finding it. Ended up converting wma to mp3 format and now everything is fine. Thanks

April Floyd

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This is probably a no-brainer for some but I am somewhat "technology" illiterate. I am setting up my new Nexus 4 and it is showing old Picasa albums. When viewing Picasa on Google+, I do NOT see these same albums. How do I delete these albums off of my phone? Is my phone pulling pictures from some other site? If so, how do I figure out which ones?

Thanks!

jay d s

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
the battery life is very good as long as the brightness is set to auto. you dont have many widgets on your screens that are constantly being updated i.e. you tube etc. (use program iconss or shortcuts instead of widgets) and you turn off features such as vibrate on every touch etc. on full charge with avg web browsing the battery lasts me 2 days before it is in red.

sellmarg

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Phil. Thanks for the welcome opp to ask away, including newbies I hope! My baby is 4 days old. I have 5 questions:
#1: Saw somewhere that the phone could (does) behave like a Blackberry, where a light appears indicating something to unlock the phone is there to check. The only light I have seen so far when it's "blacked out" is a flashing blue - perhaps a low battery warning? Or is that a message indicator? If it is, what specifically is it indicating, voice mail, sms, mms, email - or does it not discriminate? Could it discriminate? The only other app that is installed is Screebl.
#2 - I'm tight on money and have restrictive data on mobile provider. Do you know of an app that can "schedule" a shutdown of MOBILE data - say, Mon - Fri - 8 - 5?
#3 - When I am in secure wi-fi (or unsecure in town) network, will the phone default and not use mobile data?
#4 - When I receive an MMS text message (with a picture no greater than 1MB) from an iPhone it's displayed as a "slide show". I have to hold down the message icon a long time to open, see the text message while waiting a very long time to see the picture. Really? Really? Besides knowing my numerous reasons to kicking Apple to the curb, is there some kind of workaround?
#5 - How do I load a picture of myself on my Android messaging app?
Be gentle with me - I'm new, but not a tech dumb dumb. I have wanted a smartphone since Palm missed the boat and couldn't incorporate a workable phone for "lower food chain"! Thanks for reading/viewing and any answers/ideas are welcome! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci