Why are YOU getting the new Nexus 4?

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Why? Because i want to finally be able to get a nexus at launch. My first nexus was the Galaxy Nexus on Sprint. Big mistake haha. got tired of sprint data and coverage and switched to ATT. Also because this phone will just be that good for me. I use Google's services for everything i do. and finally....i want a louder speaker!!!! lol

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I finally got fed up with Trudge's slow-ass slow 3G and no prospects of 4G/LTE happening in Detroit anytime before the Lions win the Super Bowl (i.e. never), I was looking to jump to AT&T and a Galaxy S3 since they lit up LTE here, but I'm not crazy about the GS3 (I currently have a GS2) with the goofy handwritten typeface on TouchWiz and the physical home button you have to click instead of a capacitive touch button. I was waiting for Amazon's penny sale and to see if anything cooler came along and here we are.

Sure, it lacks LTE, but compared to Trudge, even HSPA+ will feel like heaven and paying $30 less per month for Straight Talk than I am to Trudge (I've calculated that I'll be saving nearly $1000 going this route) AND getting timely OS updates instead of waiting for Samsung and a carrier to munge them up and deliver them around the time the NEXT version of Android shows up (if then!) makes this a no-brainer. Getting ICS on my phone a month AFTER JB was announced and 8 months after ICS was released is for the birds. I was literally two generations behind and if I don't switch, will still be two gens behind. It sucks having more features on my Nexus 7 than my phone that's with me constantly.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I always wanted a nexus phone since I saw the HTC Nexus One.
I never pulled the trigger to get a nexus phone for various reasons. However I got the Nexus 7 and love Jelly Bean. My first android phone was the G1 and obviously was new to android and when I was able to upgrade on jumped on the LTE bandwagon. I then picked up my TB and got go handle what he android experience is but I grew out of oem ui. Once I got tired of sense then I messed with roms but I found custom roms are nice but not for me. Now back to the OP well again after a few realise and especially having Nexus 7 that if it is not a nexus then it's not for me.

Reasons for getting a nexus 4:
Pure Android Experience
Updates and support straight from Google.
Always the first to get the latest updates.

Time to get retire my TB
The spec are everything I want.
The design of N4 is very apealling especially if they make a white version.
Jelly Bean 4.2

Enough said or I could keep going?
LaSent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
No carrier bloatware, pure Android, speed, quality and no carrier BS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Magellan

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I am now off contract and switched to the plan on Tmobile where you pay monthly for your phone. I can buy it from Google and not pay the monthly amount so my bill stays cheap. And I am still using my G2.

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I just switched over from Verizon to T Mobile and I currently don't have a smart phone so I think I'm just gonna get a nexus 4 instead of getting a Samsung Galaxy S 3 contract for 2 years and its unlocked as well. plus I've never had an Android phone and kind of sick of iPhones so I think that this should be a good first Android phone for me to use and I have the Nexus 7 so they should both compliment each other pretty well.

masterpfa

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
1. Price
2. Specs
3. Vanilla Android (which since ICS is oh so gorgeous)
4. Should be No.1 reason....... It's a Nexus and as all my friends know, that's all I ever get

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
cause it was free? Actually I wont have one as my daily driver more than likely, One of the nice things about android is there is something for everyone and I actually find the enhancements from some of the hardware partners very nice. watching a youtube video while browsing the web at the same time on my note 2 may not be "stock" but its dang nice to me..

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Oh, where to begin. First of all, this is a device that is top of the line in every way (except maybe storage) - quad core snapdragon S4 processor, gorilla glass 2, high res IPS display, just a gorgeous device with incredible specs. Join that with Project Butter. This is the closest thing you will get to having your phone read your mind in terms of response time. Li-pro battery with 2100 mAh and 800 cycles. HSPA+ 42 capacity (LTE? What's that?).

All of that is packed into $300 (or $350 for the 16GB model)! This is insane. The price point is freaking insane. The GS3 - which is a great phone - doesn't even offer these specs and it's $650 off contract. The iPhone 5 - beautifully designed, whatever we think of iOS - doesn't even come close, and that's $700-$800 off contract.

So, why am I getting it? Because not getting it would be dumb!

Last edited:

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
cause it was free? Actually I wont have one as my daily driver more than likely, One of the nice things about android is there is something for everyone and I actually find the enhancements from some of the hardware partners very nice. watching a youtube video while browsing the web at the same time on my note 2 may not be "stock" but its dang nice to me..

Isn't there an app that provides this function?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Plano26

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Because being a very long time apple bloke; I wanted to give something new a try last year and bought the Moto Triumph on Virgin mobile (very dreadful phone); love the android experience (when the phone works); just want to give a proper phone a try...I'm super stoked about the Nexus 4 and will be getting T-Mob $30 plan.

mindhead1

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Because I want to be a part of the 'unlocked phone revolution'! At least in the US.

I am along time Android user and got my first Nexus experience with a Nexus 7 and as a result have grown to hate my RazrMaxx and its post ICS performance problems. I am willing to give up LTE for a pure Android experience. And for the price it wont feel so bad to upgrade in a year when an unlocked LTE version is released (I can dream!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton