I sure hope the screen technology on the new LG Nexus 4 is as good as, or close to that of the HTC One X screen ?

I have the Galaxy Nexus, and international One X, running CM10 Nightly's on both. There is absolutely no question whatsoever, that the One X has by far the superior screen technology, over Samsung's 720p pentile AMOLED screen on the Galaxy Nexus. The One X is easier to see outside in daylight, the image is more crsip / sharp on the One X, and reading texts in e-mails and news webpages is also far clearer and more detailed on the One X. Only thing the Samsung screen has on it, is the deep blacks and cartoon colors, that's it.

I know the Nexus 4 uses IPS technology, similar to that of HTC's One X. I am not even asking for the Nexus 4 to be better than the One X's screen, I will be a happy camper as long at it is at least the same quality and clear image.

Whats the verdict ?
    11-01-2012 09:03 PM
    I sure hope the screen technology on the new LG Nexus 4 is as good as, or close to that of the HTC One X screen ?

I have the Galaxy Nexus, and international One X, running CM10 Nightly's on both. There is absolutely no question whatsoever, that the One X has by far the superior screen technology, over Samsung's 720p pentile AMOLED screen on the Galaxy Nexus. The One X is easier to see outside in daylight, the image is more crsip / sharp on the One X, and reading texts in e-mails and news webpages is also far clearer and more detailed on the One X. Only thing the Samsung screen has on it, is the deep blacks and cartoon colors, that's it.

I know the Nexus 4 uses IPS technology, similar to that of HTC's One X. I am not even asking for the Nexus 4 to be better than the One X's screen, I will be a happy camper as long at it is at least the same quality and clear image.

Whats the verdict ?
    Yes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Mac58 likes this.
    11-01-2012 09:05 PM
    It's very very close
    11-01-2012 09:17 PM
    Most accounts from the few people who have used the phone have said its right up there with the One X in quality.

"Is screen x or y better?" is always an extremely subjective question though, of course.
    11-01-2012 09:20 PM
    As far as hard facts. The PPI is higher.
    11-01-2012 10:27 PM
    From what I heard, yeah. I'd have to see one in person, but I'm willing to bet if I saw it I'd soil myself, much like the case when I first saw the HOX screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    masterpfa and Mac58 like this.
    11-01-2012 10:28 PM
    What if we say "it won't disappoint, or leave you wanting?"

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    ZeroRilix and masterpfa like this.
    11-01-2012 10:28 PM
    here are few facts about Nexus 4 screen

IPS display
    Non Pentile display
    320 ppi a bit higher than HOX
    ZeroGap Technology which is the same used in HOX which improves outdoor viewing by reducing reflection drastically
    High nits which is approx same as HOX - better viewing outdoor

Ok here is a person from computer world who have seen nexus 4 and reviewed about the screen. I think HOX screen ~= Nexus 4 screen

Speaking of the screen, boy, is it a beaut. If you've seen the Optimus G, you know what to expect: The device uses True HD IPS technology and boasts a resolution of 1280 x 768, with 320ppi. It looks fantastic -- crisp, clear, and bright, with phenomenal detail. This is hands-down one of the best screens I've seen on an Android phone, rivaling the likes of HTC's One X for the gold-medal spot.
    Google's Nexus 4: Hands-on impressions | Computerworld Blogs
    Mac58 likes this.
    11-01-2012 11:27 PM
    From sounds of things and according to all reports it's as good as the HOX
    Can't wait to see one in person, what am I saying, I'll be getting one regardless.
    11-02-2012 05:51 AM