What a dissapointment....

LightningWolf

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was aiming for the Nexus 4 since I have T-Mobile but apparently it does not support HSPA+42 although they made post on the main page it does, it turns out it support DC-HSDPA 42, but regular HSDPA is only 21 Mbps.... same as Galaxy Nexus, to confirm this I read the review from Cnet and the speedtests average 8 Mbps... just like the Galaxy Nexus. this is extremely dissapointing..... I was hoping to achieve 24 Mbps like the One S and GS3. It looks like I wil end up geting that Xperia T after all.... sigh.

DC-HSDPA is supported in other contries like Australia and the UK, Here on T-mobile we have regular HSDPA.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Well, I was aiming for the Nexus 4 since I have T-Mobile but apparently it does not support HSPA+42 although they made post on the main page it does, it turns out it support DC-HSDPA 42, but regular HSDPA is only 21 Mbps.... same as Galaxy Nexus, to confirm this I read the review from Cnet and the speedtests average 8 Mbps... just like the Galaxy Nexus. this is extremely dissapointing..... I was hoping to achieve 24 Mbps like the One S and GS3. It looks like I wil end up geting that Xperia T after all.... sigh.

DC-HSDPA is supported in other contries like Australia and the UK, Here on T-mobile we have regular HSDPA.

where you get your info from? 8 Mps sounds a good speed for HSPA +. you won't get 24 Mbps on a HSPA + network.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
where you get your info from? 8 Mps sounds a good speed for HSPA +. you won't get 24 Mbps on a HSPA + network.

Its possible....Seen it done. Not common, but possible. I get 19-20 down at my work. So its not too bad. But if this is 21 down it might seal my decision to drop T-Mo and go back to ST.

LightningWolf

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Are you serious? I get 23 Mbps and 18 Mbps with low signal on my GS3, I had the One S before that and I used to get the same, why? because they are both HSDPA 42 devices..... that`s what you get when you have one of the T-Mo USA devices, even the Galaxy Blaze manages these speeds.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
haha, k I just got owned. but I still want to know the source of the first part of what the op posted about the n4 hspa+ standard.

Also don't you have to be in optimal condition to be able to get 24 Mbps? Most times, we would probably get closer to 5 to 10 Mbps?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
It supports DC-HSPA+ 42mbps. Not sure where you get your info from, but it supports the same 42mbps speed standard that any branded T-Mobile phone does.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow, Jerry himself!!

What Carrier is this guy using?? is it T-mo USA? if it is I`m in and the info I had was misleading!

He was using T-Mobile USA.

LightningWolf

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile USA with the Nexus 4. He's a senior editor for AnandTech.
Should be a hell of a phone :)

Ok, I`m in ... lol November 14th can`t be here son enough.

Also I was pissed off at the review and score Cnet gave it.... I mean I couldn`t care less, I know it is the phone for me now that you`ve corrected the information I had Jerry, but still... I don`t like to see my future phone desecrated like that. :p BTW Thank you for the information and help to make up my mind, though that Xperia T does look nice.... specially with that 13 MP EXMOR R back illuminated camera but in the end you end up paying more for a device with inferior specs. (ADRENO 320 FTW!!)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane