Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree, its a waste of time...but I admire the effort. The only way I see things changing is if people start leaving Verizon. Many people, like myself, still have unlimited so leaving is not an option right now. Their signal is so much better too, and I live in a city with good coverage from all carriers.

eenyc09

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Of course not! Why would I want a Nexus device on a carrier that killed the Galaxy Nexus and the whole Nexus experience with it? And why would any of you would want it? So you can come back to this very forum and complain about the missing or delayed software updates? And in case you're wondering, I am an actual Verizon subscriber. I will cancel my contract in one week, pay the early termination fee, buy an unlocked Nexus 4 from Google, and activate it on a Simple Mobile plan for $50/month (unlimited domestic and international text, unlimited calls, unlimited Web). Time to move on. Good bye, Verizon. I will not miss you!

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Of course not! Why would I want a Nexus device on a carrier that killed the Galaxy Nexus and the whole Nexus experience with it? And why would any of you would want it? So you can come back to this very forum and complain about the missing or delayed software updates? And in case you're wondering, I am an actual Verizon subscriber. I will cancel my contract in one week, pay the early termination fee, buy an unlocked Nexus 4 from Google, and activate it on a Simple Mobile plan for $50/month (unlimited domestic and international text, unlimited calls, unlimited Web). Time to move on. Good bye, Verizon. I will not miss you!

Very true, but delayed updates may be better than none at all at this point. Plus, for the people who rooted it didn't seem to phase them any because they pretty much defended Verizon to the death.

aestep1014

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
That last part is completely false. The Verizon GNex is the ONLY phone running Jelly Bean on VZW. That will change with the DNA and GN2, but until thn, it is the most up to date phone.

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is a F'n joke!!! Note only are they over priced but rude as hell. I'm so happy I paid my ETF and got the hell out yesterday. Can't wait for Nov 13 baby!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That last part is completely false. The Verizon GNex is the ONLY phone running Jelly Bean on VZW. That will change with the DNA and GN2, but until thn, it is the most up to date phone.

Which still isn't the latest jelly bean.. Point is verizon doesn't give a sh** about anyone until it affects there sales, think iphone. The nexus 4 is constantly selling out, I believe it's only a matter of time before nexus devices catch verizon's eye to the point where they are willing to bend over backwards to bring the devices back to their network.

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Also, I'd like to point out, the iphone may sell more than nexus devices, but say google decides to go closed source and only use their nexus devices for their platform, there goes the DNA, razr, note I/II, pretty much every major seller but the iphone. So compare iDevices to Android based devices, total the amount of sales times the dollar amount for each phone, and then lets see who's ahead.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Why not be patient and wait for Tmo to get their LTE system up and running? You might find out it kicks ass all over Verizon. Your N4 also might already be set up to use it. I got my unlimited everything plan from Tmo and hope to be grandfathered in when this day comes.

evad513

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
lets be honest here people, Verizon still unfortunately has the best service. VZW also has the worst customer service, and they ruin every phone but, I never drop calls. AT&T is horrible, dropped calls all day every day. I live in NYC and have had sprint, verizon, at&t, and t-mobile, no matter what anybody says verizon is still the best, nobody can compare, that's why they don't care and never will. That's also why they can rip you off ever month. So if that means no Nexus 4, oh well, I'll just keep my hacked Gnex.

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone ever thought to themselves that maybe VZW delays OS updates to keep their customers happy? We all know new OS updates have bugs that can sometimes be disheartening. Maybe VZW delays those updates until the majority of bugs are ironed out. That way, their customers always get the "best" experience with their devices.

Now before you rage and call me names until I cry, know that I just cancelled my unlimited data Verizon plan for T-Mobile and the N4

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I could care less about this Nexus release. If I wanted a phone w/o LTE I'd just go get the iPhone 4s. And HSPA is not LTE. I also would much rather have solid reliable secure service than move myself to crappy AT&T or TMo.

did you forget that the iPhone 4S tops out at 14.4Mbps...actually no since that's on "crappy AT&T's" network. on Verizon it's much worse.

The two biggest complaints for the Nexus 4 is the fact that it has no LTE and the glass back being prone to breaking easily.
1. Do all these critics and reviewers forget that the Nexus 4 is only compatible with GSM networks in the US meaning that even if it had LTE you would need AT&T whose LTE coverage isn't all that great. I don't mention other countries simply because everyone status the LTE in the US is the most developed thus far, according to reviewers.

2. Hello, the iPhone had a glass black for 2 years and everyone seemed to manage fine. And fyi your phone is going to get cracked/scratched/dented/etc whether the back is glass, plastic, or aluminum.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
did you forget that the iPhone 4S tops out at 14.4Mbps...actually no since that's on "crappy AT&T's" network. on Verizon it's much worse.

The two biggest complaints for the Nexus 4 is the fact that it has no LTE and the glass back being prone to breaking easily.
1. Do all these critics and reviewers forget that the Nexus 4 is only compatible with GSM networks in the US meaning that even if it had LTE you would need AT&T whose LTE coverage isn't all that great. I don't mention other countries simply because everyone status the LTE in the US is the most developed thus far, according to reviewers.

2. Hello, the iPhone had a glass black for 2 years and everyone seemed to manage fine. And fyi your phone is going to get cracked/scratched/dented/etc whether the back is glass, plastic, or aluminum.

I think most reviewers know the facts that you have listed.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't want it on Verizon. I'm sick of their control issues (which no amount of email or petitioning will change) and I'm sick of their fees.

The N4 makes me feel free!

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
You won't see the N4 on Verizon. Google finally has the Nexus device they've wanted....a single device world phone. No 20 different phones with all different hardware to support. Verizon won't put a new non LTE device on their network and Google/LG won't make a CDMA version.

The radio in the N4 is high-tech as it supports all GSM carriers. There is no all-in-one radio that can do world wide LTE. That was the hold up on Apple getting LTE (that and battery life) and the still had to settle for multiple devices to support multiple LTE service....even then there isn't a version of the iPhone 5 to support every LTE network worldwide....

Google wants everyone to have the ability to have the N4 and in the US we do...just not on Verizon. I have a Xoom and a iPhone 4S on Verizon, I'm not that impressed with their service too much but call quality is great...

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
From what I have read the upcoming LG Optimus Blaze will be Verizon's version of Optimus G which is the next closest thing to the N4. So there you have it.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
To show that Verizon is a closed system, their FiOS Android app still doesn't work on 4.2 and my suspicion is that they don't care since none of their devices run it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995