selling out?

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok so on all the Android forums everyone is talking about this phone and buying it as soon as the lines open. Does everyone else know about this phone? what are the chances of it selling out on the first day and if it does how long before you can order it again. Did the galaxy nexus sell out? I just really want this phone and since I'm relying on someone else to order it I want to make sure they do it fast enough.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok so on all the Android forums everyone is talking about this phone and buying it as soon as the lines open. Does everyone else know about this phone? what are the chances of it selling out on the first day and if it does how long before you can order it again. Did the galaxy nexus sell out? I just really want this phone and since I'm relying on someone else to order it I want to make sure they do it fast enough.

[NEW] Nexus 4- $299 (8GB) / $349 (16GB) - Page 87 - Slickdeals.net

87 pages and counting.....

It'll sell a decent amount but if Google is even slightly prepared it won't go as far as selling out. The GN afaik never sold out, even when it went to the Play store. But they did have that little legal battle that held shipping up for 2 weeks or so.

Without knowing what kind of stock Google has on hand its hard to say whether enough will sell to make them all go away. But I kinda doubt it. Still, I'm not taking any chances. First chance I get it'll be ordered.

vanhoud

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It will probably be out of stock at some point within the first few days but probably not for long

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 7 sold pretty fast, not iPhone or GS3 fast but fast. Of course, you have to remember that the N7 was $100 cheaper ($150 since most people will buy the 16GB), many people didnt have a tablet, and the fact it was a tablet meant that people can buy it w/o worrying about ETFs on contracts, what carrier to go to, if it'll be available on their carrier (Verizon and Sprint coustomers who dont wanna leave), etc. I doubt this phone will sell out in the first day or two. Worst case scenario the 16GB runs out faster and in 3 days I'd say. But I'm no expert on this stuff.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Comparing it to the iPhone is kinda silly. When an Apple product sells out it's most likely planned by them, at least it managed to stay in the news for weeks that way.
I kinda doubt that the Nexus 4 will sell out, the phone's most likely in production for weeks already and Google took another two weeks after the official announcement to get hold of many devices.
Then again it could depend on the location as well. I honestly don't fear that it will sell out, I fear that it will take ages to ship, especially if they don't have the resources to deal with the (probably) high demand of this phone.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It will probably be out of stock at some point within the first few days but probably not for long

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Google would have learned it lesson from Nexus 7. They has gotten better with inventory and shipping.
I would say they will not sellout and they know that the demands for the phone is high by now and would make phones to meet the demand.

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 7 sold pretty fast, not iPhone or GS3 fast but fast. Of course, you have to remember that the N7 was $100 cheaper ($150 since most people will buy the 16GB), many people didnt have a tablet, and the fact it was a tablet meant that people can buy it w/o worrying about ETFs on contracts, what carrier to go to, if it'll be available on their carrier (Verizon and Sprint coustomers who dont wanna leave), etc. I doubt this phone will sell out in the first day or two. Worst case scenario the 16GB runs out faster and in 3 days I'd say. But I'm no expert on this stuff.

Did Nexus 7 sell out at any point since it went on sale?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
No one knows what the order status will look like or how many they have to sell. Conversely, no one really knows what the demand is like.

We'll find out in a little over a week.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Did Nexus 7 sell out at any point since it went on sale?

As far as I remember it sold in waves. People who pre ordered before a certain date got theirs delivered on release and people who did it after had to wait 1-2 weeks. I dont think it ever was "sold out" because they only had enough for the pre orders. Thats only the play store, I have no idea about what Gamestop and Staples did.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The price is just to amazing for a phone this sweet!! What a beautiful phone it is!! This is going to be such a long week!!

I know man! I'm actually going to jump for the 8GB one. At $299, I can't pass that up. I'm gonna miss my S3, but I can't wait to try out the pure Google experience, and to finally be free from Verizon's clutches.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Long week? I hope that's all it is! I hope I order it on Tuesday and have it by Friday. If I have to wait longer than that I will flip clean out!

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Long week? I hope that's all it is! I hope I order it on Tuesday and have it by Friday. If I have to wait longer than that I will flip clean out!

Lol!! I know, can't talk about it with the wife, because I talked about it so much, she is about to choke me out :) I hope I have it by Friday as well.