How exactly do I set up a prepaid plan?

nickodell

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If I go ahead and order my micro-SIM card now through Straight Talk, I can activate it online when I have both the Nexus 4 and the micro-SIM card physically right?

How soon will cell-service work after activating?

Just a little fuzzy on how this whole thing works. If someone could describe the overall process of ordering a microSIM through Straight Talk that would be fantastic. Just want to make sure I do everything correctly.

-Nick

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If I go ahead and order my micro-SIM card now through Straight Talk, I can activate it online when I have both the Nexus 4 and the micro-SIM card physically right?

How soon will cell-service work after activating?

Just a little fuzzy on how this whole thing works. If someone could describe the overall process of ordering a microSIM through Straight Talk that would be fantastic. Just want to make sure I do everything correctly.

-Nick

Order the sim. Put the apn that comes with the sim card into the phone and mine was working in less than 1 hour after I called and activated it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Activate online or on the phone. You don't even need the nexus yet even. Your SIM will start working in a couple hrs depending on the time of day. If you're porting a number it'll take longer.

Once the SIM is active put it in the phone and configure the APN. They give you instructions in there booklet you get.

One piece of advice I give when it comes to Straight Talk is to not use the "proxy" line in the APN. It just causes issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar