Bad battery life on nexus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well for starters I think there are already threads discussing this.....But idc what their tests show it won't mean anything to me in my real world usage.
yes, like the screen brightness. we have no idea how the test was done.
brightness has a huge impact.. I guess we will have to wait and see.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I expect to see bad battery life threads on every new smartphone, has one come out besides the maxx that had good battery life? (I don't know if the maxx had good life or just a huge battery that made the battery life look good) lol

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
what i dont understand is iphone suck at battery life. all my iphone friends complain about it.
but yet they are at the top. my nexus S battery last longer than my friends iPhone.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
what i dont understand is iphone suck at battery life. all my iphone friends complain about it.
but yet they are at the top. my nexus S battery last longer than my friends iPhone.
Or how Iphone has won everything... maybe there's a way to tweak your phone to respond really well to these tests without changing the hardware, eg dedicate cpu to it.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't get people who complain about the iPhone's battery life. I always got at least 5-6 hours of screen on time with my iPhone 4 on 3G. Now I use it like an iPod touch so Wi-Fi only and I get about 8 hours of use on Wi-Fi. My Galaxy Nexus gets less than 3 hours of screen on time even on Wi-Fi. On 3G/LTE, I normally get around 2 hours. I would so gladly take the iPhone's battery life over my Nexus'. I was really hoping with the Nexus 4's bigger battery and a more power efficient display that it would get significantly better battery life than the Galaxy Nexus. I'm really hoping these review Nexuses just have buggy software and battery life improves drastically upon release. As long as it can get at least 5 hours of screen on time at half brightness, I'm content.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Or how Iphone has won everything... maybe there's a way to tweak your phone to respond really well to these tests without changing the hardware, eg dedicate cpu to it.

There is a reason to why benchmark score are high on iphone's. iPhone work differently. when an app is running all the other app will be suspended.
so when benchmark app runs all other apps are suspended which gives all hardware resource/power to the benchmark app.

Thats not the case with Android. even when benchmark app is running the opened app still runs on the background sharing resources.

Android does true multitasking unlike iOS

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
While it is a concern, I doubt these tests are that accurate anymore. 8 hrs of wifi on my Evo LTE? Please.
While I dont think the nexus battery life will surpass my current phone, it wont be this far off.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
There is a reason to why benchmark score are high on iphone's. iPhone work differently. when an app is running all the other app will be suspended.
so when benchmark app runs all other apps are suspended which gives all hardware resource/power to the benchmark app.

Thats not the case with Android. even when benchmark app is running the opened app still runs on the background sharing resources.

Android does true multitasking unlike iOS
I thought something like that would be the case. Its pretty smart but i bet it would be annoying with games etc.

balboa 147

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
A few days ago I read The Verge's Nexus 4 review. Reviewer found the battery life to be pretty impressive!

Nexus 4 review | The Verge

"Battery life was also top notch. I'm used to getting just about a day of use on my Galaxy Nexus (that's taking it off of the charger around 8AM or 9AM, and putting it back on around 2AM). Some days it doesn't quite make it that long, depending on my workload. The Nexus 4 fared much better. At the time of this writing, I've had it off of its charger for 10 hours and 30 minutes and it's still got 45 percent battery life. Yesterday before I plugged it in, I'd had it off the charger for 16 hours, with 18 percent of its juice left. To say it's holding up for full work days would be an understatement; even with heavy use, this battery more than pulls its weight."

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
A few days ago I read The Verge's Nexus 4 review. Reviewer found the battery life to be pretty impressive!

Nexus 4 review | The Verge

"Battery life was also top notch. I'm used to getting just about a day of use on my Galaxy Nexus (that's taking it off of the charger around 8AM or 9AM, and putting it back on around 2AM). Some days it doesn't quite make it that long, depending on my workload. The Nexus 4 fared much better. At the time of this writing, I've had it off of its charger for 10 hours and 30 minutes and it's still got 45 percent battery life. Yesterday before I plugged it in, I'd had it off the charger for 16 hours, with 18 percent of its juice left. To say it's holding up for full work days would be an understatement; even with heavy use, this battery more than pulls its weight."

The galaxy nexus is already known for not having good battery life all of he is getting that type of battery life, he is an EXTREMELY light user

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

spacemn_spiff

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't get people who complain about the iPhone's battery life. I always got at least 5-6 hours of screen on time with my iPhone 4 on 3G. Now I use it like an iPod touch so Wi-Fi only and I get about 8 hours of use on Wi-Fi. My Galaxy Nexus gets less than 3 hours of screen on time even on Wi-Fi. On 3G/LTE, I normally get around 2 hours. I would so gladly take the iPhone's battery life over my Nexus'. I was really hoping with the Nexus 4's bigger battery and a more power efficient display that it would get significantly better battery life than the Galaxy Nexus. I'm really hoping these review Nexuses just have buggy software and battery life improves drastically upon release. As long as it can get at least 5 hours of screen on time at half brightness, I'm content.

I have the exact same experience with my new Galaxy Nexus and my old iPhone 4. Another thing that bugs me about the galaxy Nexus charges far slower than my old iPhone 4 and my wife's iPhone 5. I hope the Nexus 4 does better in terms of battery life and charging speed than the its predecessor.

sidamos

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Let's compare GNex and N4 on paper:
* N4 has bigger battery
* N4 CPU should be more power efficient
* N4 LCD screen should use less power than AMOLED
* Android 4.2 is supposed to be more power efficient

So, N4 *should* last much longer than GNex with standard battery. And GNex does not bad for me with Android 4.1.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz