N4 Battery

cynicist

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Motorola Maxx : weak camera
One x: weak battery
Nexus 4: low storage and weak battery

Ok I'm confused. I keep hearing that the HTC One X has terrible battery life and yet in battery tests done by Anandtech (where people seem to get the idea that the nexus 4 is weak) it scores just under the iphone and above all the other android phones in the test (including the s3). What is going on here?

Enviii

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Enviii. Let me ask you, what do you hate about your One X. Maybe nothing, but I bet the battery is the one thing you wish was better. The sgs3 is better and it has sd storage and a swappable battery. Your screen is better but the sgs3 screen is not bad either.

When Mr and Mrs America walk into a store and ask the sales guy what they should buy in Android i would bet they say Samsung 9 out of 10 rimes.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

I love my One X, apart from the battery life. The only other thing that bugs me is the lack of an unlockable bootloader (officially). I also got my phone before the GS3 was announced but that doesn't bother me at all. I would pick my One X over the GS3 anyway. I just can't get past the cheap look of the GS3 (no offence) and the fact that every Android phone I now see is a GS3. What makes it worse is TouchWiz ruining the Android experience all together.

EDIT: I should mention that my previous phone was an iPhone 4 where there is no expandable storage or removable battery. So none of that stuff really mattered to me when I bought the One X. The build quality and look is also great which was a big thing for me.

Ok I'm confused. I keep hearing that the HTC One X has terrible battery life and yet in battery tests done by Anandtech (where people seem to get the idea that the nexus 4 is weak) it scores just under the iphone and above all the other android phones in the test (including the s3). What is going on here?

Those tests were performed using Sense 4.0. Running any AOSP ROM on my phone (even official CM10 or official AOKP JB) gives me terrible battery life.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
You guys should really be running your own global electronics company, you obviously know a lot more about it than the people currently in charge!

Enviii

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Just tweeted at Miriam Joire from Engadget about whether she has any camera or battery issues with it and she said nope. That sells it for me

I decided to check out his twitter page and found a conversation he was having with someone. He is the Senior Mobile Editor at Engadget by the way. The review was conducted by another person (Brad Molen).

nex4bat.JPG

vietmode

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I decided to check out his twitter page and found a conversation he was having with someone. He is the Senior Mobile Editor at Engadget by the way. The review was conducted by another person (Brad Molen).

View attachment 45042

the 'he' your referring to is a 'she' and i did the same exact thing! haha
42hrs light use on last *single* charge? if so thats awesome.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I love my One X, apart from the battery life. The only other thing that bugs me is the lack of an unlockable bootloader (officially). I also got my phone before the GS3 was announced but that doesn't bother me at all. I would pick my One X over the GS3 anyway. I just can't get past the cheap look of the GS3 (no offence) and the fact that every Android phone I now see is a GS3. What makes it worse is TouchWiz ruining the Android experience all together.

Thanks for the frank comments. I love the One X. I actually only have a SGS2, but the battery on the one X as far as I keep hearing is weak.

So it frustrates me that we have such a great phone with still a few things that could be better against the competition when we look at things over all. The removable battery isn't important to some but it is a deal breaker for many others. Same with sd card. Not critical to everyone but still really important to many.

When we add those things up we get HTC losing and Samsung winning even though HTC has a better product in many ways.

It's a shame really. I hope they can hold on.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
the 'he' your referring to is a 'she' and i did the same exact thing! haha
42hrs light use on last *single* charge? if so thats awesome.

This is very good news. I can't wait to hear from Phil on his opinion too. If I could get 16 hours on medium usage I would be very happy.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I looked up the twitter an account did post it but did post some racist comments.
A few reviews have now come through with some excellent comments about the battery.

gmarkoma

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi to all, new member here and not only new but also iphone user :)
So I like the Nexus 4 and I am thinking to buy it. I read the review (yes it is on the site :) ) and I can see this:
On Wifi all day -- even with the usual battery suck that is smartphone testing -- we eked out more than 18 hours on our first full day of use, and 15 or so thereafter. (For those who worry about screen-on time -- which along with network connection is just one of the things we take into consideration when it comes to battery use, we've been averaging between 3 and 5 hours on a charge.)

1) On wifi all day does not mean that it downloads data also, right?. However 15-18 hours is not bad.
2) The screen-on time is it by playing a video all the time for example (wifi also on)? Because just 3 hours or even 5, I am not sure how good is that.

I just don't want to get disappointed if I decide to move to Nexus 4.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
5 hours of on screen time would be fantastic. That is a massive amount of time to be looking at your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair