Imagine you could get rid of the glass back and replace it with the material of your choice

Lokifish Marz

Banned
Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Dooooooooooooooooood!

It's great to see you over here! I'm trying to get this prepaid Q&A stickied on the forum and I just (this is existentially supreme) want you to know that your Photon compendium was my source of inspiration for how to format that thing.

You guys that are into Nexus 4 and development are in for a treat, Loki is ridiculously talented and impossibly through!

I've been away from AC for a bit but I'm starting to focus on site exclusive projects. For example, I got a Nexus Q from Rootz which all main development on it is exclusively released there. I have a couple things on xda as well to show my thanks for their support. I'd like to come back to AC in a developer capacity and release some AC exclusive work but that depends on both AC and the folks here.

caslad66

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
why theconcern about the glass BACK? Is it assumed the phone would always drop on its back,

what about the glass front? In which case same concern should be voiced againstmost phones.....?n'est pas ?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
why theconcern about the glass BACK? Is it assumed the phone would always drop on its back,

what about the glass front? In which case same concern should be voiced againstmost phones.....?n'est pas ?

True but if you have glass on both sides, you are breaking one if not both depending on the drop. At least with a different material, it might not break anything

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

anon(1019781)

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I know people will hate this or love it, but it would be nice if the Nexus were made of "VaporMg" the same material surrounding the Microsoft Surface.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

thexjacob

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually I think about it, it wouldn't be that hard to replace the back with maybe aluminum, the glass is glued onto a frame so it could probably be done

Bratigan

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Resin impregnated Bocote or Brazillian Cherry that is rubber mounted to the phone. Easy to manufacture and replace and relatively inexpensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance