One week left...

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
1. The regulating body of your government stops most of that, for now.
2. see answer 1
3. Because they can
4. Sure, can't get in the building, but come on :)
on no.1, if I can solicit an answer directly from our permanent secretary on Information, or the chairman of the communications commission of Kenya, will you start shipping to Kenya?
Coz I know at least 6 guys who are hell bent, much like me to get the Nexus 4.
Lemme inbox you my email

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
aaaaw shucks. No point coming to mountain view if I cannot actually enter inside....its like having a kid watch a candy shop all day without letting them touch the candy.
Although I wish i can save up enough cash so I can travel and be there in person for the Google I/O next year...the free devices have nothing to do with it, I swear :D

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 4 is rubbish. Dont even bother.

:rolleyes:

Now get out of the queue so I can get mine faster

LOL! You sir are evil :D

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of lying bastards (and deserve to go to hell!) using Android Central Forums

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
on no.1, if I can solicit an answer directly from our permanent secretary on Information, or the chairman of the communications commission of Kenya, will you start shipping to Kenya?
Coz I know at least 6 guys who are hell bent, much like me to get the Nexus 4.
Lemme inbox you my email

You have to understand Google is a VERY large corporation and my particular job has nothing to do with android or devices in any way (I just get them sooner than everyone and for free) Believe me, Google wants an android device in every single person on the planets hand, more revenue that way (and more raises for me :) ) but your federal govt for handling devices and such are what hold things like this up from you getting the device directly, they're working on making everything available to everyone, until that time you'll just have to sit tight. :(

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You have to understand Google is a VERY large corporation and my particular job has nothing to do with android or devices in any way (I just get them sooner than everyone and for free) Believe me, Google wants an android device in every single person on the planets hand, more revenue that way (and more raises for me :) ) but your federal govt for handling devices and such are what hold things like this up from you getting the device directly, they're working on making everything available to everyone, until that time you'll just have to sit tight. :(

That is saddening. I am curious if i will get my N4 before the Google country director though. Coz I called in there and the secretary had no idea what a nexus is
On a side note, as a recommendation, the country director is easily placed to negotiate with the govt on such issues. Use them

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hoping for this too. I'll be up at midnight either way. Being from Toronto, hope there's no time zone difference that screws everything up either, would be nice if Google said something.

Either way, excited for my first Android.

Glad to know I won't be the only GTA guy up trying to order this thing. Hopefully they have more than 2 available for Canada. :)

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
That is saddening. I am curious if i will get my N4 before the Google country director though. Coz I called in there and the secretary had no idea what a nexus is
On a side note, as a recommendation, the country director is easily placed to negotiate with the govt on such issues. Use them

You more than likely will.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Its pretty weird that Google didnt take pre-orders. Am guessing that they have their reasons

The N7 preorder was a disaster. It probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if I hadn't came on here and read what was going on.

Yeah, cause the N7 fiasco wasn't reason enough. On the 13th sales go live, it makes perfect sense, pre-ordering is kinda useless.

I agree, I'm glad there is no preorder and they are just selling it on the 13th.

I've done that in the past and they never send anything thing until a day or two after the product has already released. We will see what happens this time.

I really like Google devices & services but, they are not that good at this type of stuff. Everytime I've ordered something from them, it's a strange situation. I admit I may make it strange by coming on here and reading who's stuff has shipped and who's hasn't. Here's to hoping everything goes smoothly.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, looks like I'll be staying up from midnight till 3 AM (12 PST). Hope you other GTA people get yours, I'm going for the 8GB, if that helps! haha

I can't imagine that Google wouldn't announce the time at least. That seems like a horrible piece of information to leave out. Has anyone had any luck with e-mailing/phoning anyone at Google Play? I couldn't find a contact, or I would. Was previous devices available right at midnight? or 3 AM EST?

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope your right, because i am trying to figure out if i want to ship it to my place of employment. So i am hoping it will only take 3 days for delivery.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I think you might have better luck riding a unicorn (not a fat black unicorn which is a rhino) into town then ordering the Nexus 4 at this rate from google, sorry to hear.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
i am trying to figure out if i want to ship it to my place of employment.

That's exactly what I'm planning to do. I might not get much done that afternoon, but I wouldn't be worth much anyway knowing it's at home waiting to be opened, admired, and caressed. :D

I haven't seen any confirmation yet at what time it will be released. I'm in PA, 3 hours ahead of the west coast. I suppose I'll check at midnight local time, and if it's not up yet I'll go to bed and set my alarm for 2:50 AM.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen any confirmation yet at what time it will be released. I'm in PA, 3 hours ahead of the west coast. I suppose I'll check at midnight local time, and if it's not up yet I'll go to bed and set my alarm for 2:50 AM.
I'm in PA too and that exactly what I'm doing. I wish they'd just give us a time tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance