Switching from GS3 on AT&T

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
This will be my first unlocked device from Google. I'm just sick of waiting for the Android updates from Google and want the pure Android experience. No LTE doesn't bother me at all. Will the Nexus 4 be able to use Google applications like Wallet even though my service is through AT&T under contract or will I still be blocked by the carrier? And do the Google updates get sent OTA? Anything else would be appreciated, first time unlocked device. If I still can't get a pure Google experience because of my contract I might wait til it ends and pick up the new Nexus phone in the future.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Switching from GS3 on AT&T

This will be my first unlocked device from Google. I'm just sick of waiting for the Android updates from Google and want the pure Android experience. No LTE doesn't bother me at all. Will the Nexus 4 be able to use Google applications like Wallet even though my service is through AT&T under contract or will I still be blocked by the carrier?

Wallet will be pre-loaded, surely. AT&T can't control that.

And do the Google updates get sent OTA?

Yes, they're sent OTA and AT&T doesn't have anything to do with them.

Also, can I buy this phone from Tmobile instead of the Google Play store and still have it completely unlocked ?

T-Mobile will be selling the device unlocked, yes, but it will cost $499.

Buy it from Google Play.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Switching from GS3 on AT&T

Wallet will be pre-loaded, surely. AT&T can't control that.

Yes, they're sent OTA and AT&T doesn't have anything to do with them.

T-Mobile will be selling the device unlocked, yes, but it will cost $499.

Buy it from Google Play.

Thank you :) Very helpful Currently with my GS3 I am able to download Google Wallet but it won't run. I won't have this issue with the Nexus 4?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox