[VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I didn't listen to the audio. I am at work without a set of headphones. I apologize if you said this this in the video, but that is the same as my VZW Galaxy Nexus.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Phil was meaning by the comment that its a nexus, therefore its the same boot animation.

So, I think we can all agree that the VZW Nexus is not really a Nexus like the GSM version, and I had seen a different boot animation for the GNex on JB that had some flipping/rotating triangles.

Before anyone responds that the VZW Nexus is a Nexus: The VZW Nexus has an unlockable bootloader, it has the same hardware as the GSM Nexus minus the radio portion, and it runs stock Android. The OG Droid had all of these features, but it was not a Nexus. At most I would say that it is a Google Experience device on VZW.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
So, I think we can all agree that the VZW Nexus is not really a Nexus like the GSM version, and I had seen a different boot animation for the GNex on JB that had some flipping/rotating triangles.

Before anyone responds that the VZW Nexus is a Nexus: The VZW Nexus has an unlockable bootloader, it has the same hardware as the GSM Nexus minus the radio portion, and it runs stock Android. The OG Droid had all of these features, but it was not a Nexus. At most I would say that it is a Google Experience device on VZW.

The bootloader changed with 4.1 to the current X logo iirc.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got 22 second boot time.
My Palm Pre took over three minutes to boot! :eek:

If this boots this quickly, I may start shutting it off when I know I'm not going to be using it for a while, like when I'm at a movie. Why burn a couple of hours juice when I'm not going to be using it? Just shut it off and then fire it up and be live before I get into the lobby.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My Palm Pre took over three minutes to boot! :eek:

If this boots this quickly, I may start shutting it off when I know I'm not going to be using it for a while, like when I'm at a movie. Why burn a couple of hours juice when I'm not going to be using it? Just shut it off and then fire it up and be live before I get into the lobby.

I'm guessing you'd probably save more battery by just enabling airplane mode than turning your phone off and then on again.