[INFO] Nexus 4 with t-mobile

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I got everything ready. I spoke with Google, and spoke with t-mobile.

I called google, and if you live in the Missouri area, the s&h should be around $13-$14.
If you need a micro sim, don't worry about buying a cutter that you're going to use probably once, just call the number 1-877-453-1304, go through the choices till you get to the rep, and ask about a new micro sim. There's a special going on for a micro sim for only $0.99 and free shipping. Comes out to $1.07. You can activate it with a monthly t-mobile 4G plan for only $30 + some change.

The plan includes the following:
100 minutes of talk (I'm not a big talker, so I don't care)
Unlimited texting
Unlimited data(5GB's of '4G' then throttled to 3G)

Overall, this Phone, sim card, and $30 A month '4G' plan will cost around $350. If you have that...You're set.

Also, The Google rep told me that I should open play.google.com around 11:55, then spam F5 around 11:59 and have all your information ready to copy/pasta.

Just a few tips to help you get one of the first Nexus 4's. :-*

Italianice

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Sweet thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of that plan as well.

Was that 11:59 am or PM on Nov 12 or 13? Do you know which timezone?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Going to be very annoyed if Google opens up sales at 3AM and end up selling out to west coasters by the time I wake up.

N3RDKING

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
For those with an existing contract with T-Mobile, would I still need to pay an activation fee to active the new SIM card?
(I'm not familiar with T-Mobile's normal policies)

I'm really excited about this phone, Im putting my 9900 BB up for sale just to get it.
So just to summarize.
$349 for the 16gb.
$15 roughly for shipping. (Im in California, so who knows what it will be for us)
$1+$30 for new SIM/Activation.
So basically 400 bucks all said and done, yes?

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
For those with an existing contract with T-Mobile, would I still need to pay an activation fee to active the new SIM card?
(I'm not familiar with T-Mobile's normal policies)

I'm really excited about this phone, Im putting my 9900 BB up for sale just to get it.
So just to summarize.
$349 for the 16gb.
$15 roughly for shipping. (Im in California, so who knows what it will be for us)
$1+$30 for new SIM/Activation.
So basically 400 bucks all said and done, yes?

Essentially yes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I called google, and if you live in the Missouri area, the s&h should be around $13-$14.
If you need a micro sim, don't worry about buying a cutter that you're going to use probably once, just call the number 1-877-453-1304, go through the choices till you get to the rep, and ask about a new micro sim. There's a special going on for a micro sim for only $0.99 and free shipping. Comes out to $1.07. You can activate it with a monthly t-mobile 4G plan for only $30 + some change.

Unlimited texting

Overall, this Phone, sim card, and $30 A month '4G' plan will cost around $350. If you have that...You're set.

Also, The Google rep told me that I should open play.google.com around 11:55, then spam F5 around 11:59 and have all your information ready to copy/pasta.

So if I am switching from Verizon and keep my same old cell phone number and want to get it ported... will this method affect the way I do things?
Thanks.

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
So if I am switching from Verizon and keep my same old cell phone number and want to get it ported... will this method affect the way I do things?
Thanks.

Once you get the sim, you can call the number again and they can port the number for you.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
but remember, if you use Google Voice for just voicemail on another number besides your GV number, you can only go to a carrier that supports Conditional Call Forwarding, or else it won't work. T-Mobile prepaid does not support that.

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Unlimited texting

Just called the same number and my $1.08 micro sim card is being shipped free via 2-3 day shipping.

Awesome deal.

eco7

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Unlimited texting
Sorry, but T-mobile those not offer this plan!! this is an EXCLUSIVE plan for walmart.com with t-mobile. You need to google how to make it work on your new GN4. googd luck.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Can you please show me where do you see this plan on t-mobile.com? I think you are confuse.

Um, do you see the BIG 'Web Exclusive' box on the right side saying $30 per month?!? LOL...

I do see where you/someone can get confused on HOW you actually order/add it to your cart. You CANNOT until you activate your SIM card. I spoke to TMobile, as when I ordered my micro-SIM card activation kit this past Sunday (arrived today!), I couldn't find where on the website to actually select/add the $30 Web exclusive plan to my cart too, just to get a head start. The customer service rep said that when I received my Nexus 4 and pop in the micro-SIM, go back online to TMobile and click the 'Activate SIM' link and there you will choose the online $30 prepaid plan.

Hope this helps everyone! I CAN'T WAIT!! Arrgggg, one more week :)

eco7

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Um, do you see the BIG 'Web Exclusive' box on the right side saying $30 per month?!? LOL...

I do see where you/someone can get confused on HOW you actually order/add it to your cart. You CANNOT until you activate your SIM card. I spoke to TMobile, as when I ordered my micro-SIM card activation kit this past Sunday (arrived today!), I couldn't find where on the website to actually select/add the $30 Web exclusive plan to my cart too, just to get a head start. The customer service rep said that when I received my Nexus 4 and pop in the micro-SIM, go back online to TMobile and click the 'Activate SIM' link and there you will choose the online $30 prepaid plan.

Hope this helps everyone! I CAN'T WAIT!! Arrgggg, one more week :)
Sorry, but this is what I see on my-t-mobile webpage. I know how to shop online and as you can also see, i'm on the $50.00 plan cost the associate told that it was exclusive to walmart. here is a picture of the plans been offered to me.
tmplan.jpg

Last edited:

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but this is what I see on my-t-mobile webpage. I know how to shop online and as you can also see, i'm on the $50.00 plan cost the associate told that it was exclusive to walmart. here is a picture of the plans been offered to me.
View attachment 45137

Your attachment cannot be seen, says it's "invalid", so I cannot speak to what your seeing. The original link provided by the other poster clearly shows on the webpage in big letters the $30 plan. LOL, then the associate from TMO was lying to you, as you can CLEARLY see on TMobile's site, the $30 plan. Whatever...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar