11-11-2012 01:12 PM
57 123
tools
    Okay, so I got everything ready. I spoke with Google, and spoke with t-mobile.

I called google, and if you live in the Missouri area, the s&h should be around $13-$14.
    If you need a micro sim, don't worry about buying a cutter that you're going to use probably once, just call the number 1-877-453-1304, go through the choices till you get to the rep, and ask about a new micro sim. There's a special going on for a micro sim for only $0.99 and free shipping. Comes out to $1.07. You can activate it with a monthly t-mobile 4G plan for only $30 + some change.

The plan includes the following:
    100 minutes of talk (I'm not a big talker, so I don't care)
    Unlimited texting
    Unlimited data(5GB's of '4G' then throttled to 3G)

Overall, this Phone, sim card, and $30 A month '4G' plan will cost around $350. If you have that...You're set.

Also, The Google rep told me that I should open play.google.com around 11:55, then spam F5 around 11:59 and have all your information ready to copy/pasta.

Just a few tips to help you get one of the first Nexus 4's.
    jab0321 likes this.
    11-07-2012 10:51 AM
    Sweet thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of that plan as well.

Was that 11:59 am or PM on Nov 12 or 13? Do you know which timezone?
    11-07-2012 11:14 AM
    Idk about the time zone. I should've asked, but on November 12th.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    11-07-2012 11:40 AM
    Going to be very annoyed if Google opens up sales at 3AM and end up selling out to west coasters by the time I wake up.
    cpackar likes this.
    11-07-2012 11:40 AM
    For those with an existing contract with T-Mobile, would I still need to pay an activation fee to active the new SIM card?
    (I'm not familiar with T-Mobile's normal policies)

I'm really excited about this phone, Im putting my 9900 BB up for sale just to get it.
    So just to summarize.
    $349 for the 16gb.
    $15 roughly for shipping. (Im in California, so who knows what it will be for us)
    $1+$30 for new SIM/Activation.
    So basically 400 bucks all said and done, yes?
    11-07-2012 11:50 AM
    For those with an existing contract with T-Mobile, would I still need to pay an activation fee to active the new SIM card?
    (I'm not familiar with T-Mobile's normal policies)

I'm really excited about this phone, Im putting my 9900 BB up for sale just to get it.
    So just to summarize.
    $349 for the 16gb.
    $15 roughly for shipping. (Im in California, so who knows what it will be for us)
    $1+$30 for new SIM/Activation.
    So basically 400 bucks all said and done, yes?
    Essentially yes.

11-07-2012 12:09 PM

I called google, and if you live in the Missouri area, the s&h should be around $13-$14.
    If you need a micro sim, don't worry about buying a cutter that you're going to use probably once, just call the number 1-877-453-1304, go through the choices till you get to the rep, and ask about a new micro sim. There's a special going on for a micro sim for only $0.99 and free shipping. Comes out to $1.07. You can activate it with a monthly t-mobile 4G plan for only $30 + some change.

Unlimited texting

Overall, this Phone, sim card, and $30 A month '4G' plan will cost around $350. If you have that...You're set.

Also, The Google rep told me that I should open play.google.com around 11:55, then spam F5 around 11:59 and have all your information ready to copy/pasta.

So if I am switching from Verizon and keep my same old cell phone number and want to get it ported... will this method affect the way I do things?
    Thanks.
    11-07-2012 12:15 PM
    So if I am switching from Verizon and keep my same old cell phone number and want to get it ported... will this method affect the way I do things?
    Thanks.
    Once you get the sim, you can call the number again and they can port the number for you.

Kaenon likes this.
    11-07-2012 12:32 PM
    Once you get the sim, you can call the number again and they can port the number for you.

Thanks!
    11-07-2012 12:36 PM
    but remember, if you use Google Voice for just voicemail on another number besides your GV number, you can only go to a carrier that supports Conditional Call Forwarding, or else it won't work. T-Mobile prepaid does not support that.
    ChromeJob likes this.
    11-07-2012 12:41 PM

Unlimited texting

Just called the same number and my $1.08 micro sim card is being shipped free via 2-3 day shipping.

Awesome deal.
    cpackar likes this.
    11-07-2012 12:56 PM
    Unlimited texting
    Sorry, but T-mobile those not offer this plan!! this is an EXCLUSIVE plan for walmart.com with t-mobile. You need to google how to make it work on your new GN4. googd luck.
    11-07-2012 01:05 PM
    Sorry, but T-mobile those not offer this plan!! this is an EXCLUSIVE plan for walmart.com with t-mobile. You need to google how to make it work on your new GN4. googd luck.
    Besides Walmart, it's also available on t-mobile.com.

Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile
    11-07-2012 01:18 PM
    Besides Walmart, it's also available on t-mobile.com.

Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile
    Can you please show me where do you see this plan on t-mobile.com? I think you are confuse.
    11-07-2012 01:27 PM
    Can you please show me where do you see this plan on t-mobile.com? I think you are confuse.

Click the link he provided....
    11-07-2012 01:36 PM
    Um, do you see the BIG 'Web Exclusive' box on the right side saying $30 per month?!? LOL...

I do see where you/someone can get confused on HOW you actually order/add it to your cart. You CANNOT until you activate your SIM card. I spoke to TMobile, as when I ordered my micro-SIM card activation kit this past Sunday (arrived today!), I couldn't find where on the website to actually select/add the $30 Web exclusive plan to my cart too, just to get a head start. The customer service rep said that when I received my Nexus 4 and pop in the micro-SIM, go back online to TMobile and click the 'Activate SIM' link and there you will choose the online $30 prepaid plan.

Hope this helps everyone! I CAN'T WAIT!! Arrgggg, one more week
    11-07-2012 01:37 PM
    Um, do you see the BIG 'Web Exclusive' box on the right side saying $30 per month?!? LOL...

I do see where you/someone can get confused on HOW you actually order/add it to your cart. You CANNOT until you activate your SIM card. I spoke to TMobile, as when I ordered my micro-SIM card activation kit this past Sunday (arrived today!), I couldn't find where on the website to actually select/add the $30 Web exclusive plan to my cart too, just to get a head start. The customer service rep said that when I received my Nexus 4 and pop in the micro-SIM, go back online to TMobile and click the 'Activate SIM' link and there you will choose the online $30 prepaid plan.

Hope this helps everyone! I CAN'T WAIT!! Arrgggg, one more week
    Sorry, but this is what I see on my-t-mobile webpage. I know how to shop online and as you can also see, i'm on the $50.00 plan cost the associate told that it was exclusive to walmart. here is a picture of the plans been offered to me.
    [INFO] Nexus 4 with t-mobile-tmplan.jpg
    11-07-2012 01:46 PM
    Sorry, but this is what I see on my-t-mobile webpage. I know how to shop online and as you can also see, i'm on the $50.00 plan cost the associate told that it was exclusive to walmart. here is a picture of the plans been offered to me.
    Attachment 45137
    This giant thread will help you...

[GUIDE] Smartphone Service for just $30/month - xda-developers
    2defmouze likes this.
    11-07-2012 01:50 PM
    Now we are talking......thx,
    11-07-2012 01:54 PM
    Attachment 45137
    Your attachment cannot be seen, says it's "invalid", so I cannot speak to what your seeing. The original link provided by the other poster clearly shows on the webpage in big letters the $30 plan. LOL, then the associate from TMO was lying to you, as you can CLEARLY see on TMobile's site, the $30 plan. Whatever...
    11-07-2012 02:01 PM
    Does Tmobile offer any insurance for the Nexus 4? Or would Square Trade be a better option?
    11-07-2012 02:36 PM
    I find that i get better coverage on the roads and highways on at&t. Tmobile switches to 2g so very often >.<
    But that $30 plan is enticing!
    11-07-2012 04:38 PM
    Attachment 45137
    Attachment 45331
    11-08-2012 02:07 PM
    I just notice that you must have a new Sim Card and activation kit (is already ordered).......I have a prepaid and I wanted to change over to this plan in 10 days.......But this is a NO GO. You must start clean and do everything from the beginning, that is why I don't see that option as I state before.
    11-08-2012 02:26 PM
    I just notice that you must have a new Sim Card and activation kit (is already ordered).......I have a prepaid and I wanted to change over to this plan in 10 days.......But this is a NO GO. You must start clean and do everything from the beginning, that is why I don't see that option as I state before.
    Ok, so now that makes sense. I was wondering if you already had an account/plan with TMobile, because the $30 Web special is clearly on their website. But if your wanting to switch to the $30 Web special plan, then it's time to lose everything and start over unfortunately.

Got my MicroSIM & activation kit yesterday so now just a waiting game till next Tuesday at 12:00:01 sec AM.... LOL... CAN"T FRIGGIN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!
    cpackar likes this.
    11-08-2012 02:49 PM
57 123