Nexus 4 release time

Sam Perrin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm from the UK and was wondering what time the Nexus 4 actually would become available on the 13th. Will it be 00:00am GMT or will it be a US timezone? Not sure how Google go about their release times.

Thanks in advance!

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It's impossible to estimate demand really as so many of us are deeply entrenched in the Nexus 4 hype and feeling like the whole world knows about this wonderful device and would be fools not to order it immediately! However the reality is probably quite different and while there will be pretty high demand, I imagine most people that want one should be able to order without much issue.

That said it all depends on how many units are available for each region. Your best bet is to get ordering as soon as you can, I'm in the UK and hopeful that we'll be treated as separate entities on the play store and allowed to order at midnight GMT, even better if we're lumped in with Europe and then we'll be able to order at 11pm GMT.

If availability goes live simultaneously over each region though that'll probably mean 8am on the 13th for us, so I'll have to try and order on my commute! :p

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
What do you think the demand will be like? Are they likely to sell out?

As has been continually discussed here, no one has an idea of what the actual demand is. In the bubble of an Android enthusiast forum, demand seems high. On a national (and international) scale of regular people likely to buy this thing, its a lot harder to measure. We'd also hope that Google has made a whole bunch of these things, but unfortunately we can't be sure that they'll have enough to meet even moderate demand.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I won't be able to order until around 4am so I hope it doesn't sell out it 4 hours....I mean that's not really a possibility is it? If it is, that's worse than iPhones.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm from the UK and was wondering what time the Nexus 4 actually would become available on the 13th. Will it be 00:00am GMT or will it be a US timezone? Not sure how Google go about their release times.

Thanks in advance!
just hit the refresh button every 2 minutes starting 12 am US time lol :)

it most probably be evening for you folkes

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
just hit the refresh button every 2 minutes starting 12 am US time lol :) it most probably be evening for you folkes
On the Australian Google Play it has the 13th aswell, so maybe start clicking about the 12th mid day for you, could be a possibility.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I won't be able to order until around 4am so I hope it doesn't sell out it 4 hours....I mean that's not really a possibility is it? If it is, that's worse than iPhones.

Well we don't know if its going on sale at midnight. They may go on sale at noon, in which case sales would be more grouped together.

Again, can't compare to the iPhone. This is a much smaller scale of sales. Google doesn't have 5 million of these things at the ready to be bought.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It'll be REAL NICE if Google announces it a day or so before. I don't want to be sitting in front of my computer all day on Tuesday hitting refresh.